Dana R Epstein
- Insomnia treatment acceptability and preferences of male Iraq and Afghanistan combat veterans and their healthcare providersDana R Epstein
Phoenix VA Health Care System, 650 E Indian School Rd RS 151, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 49:867-78. 2012....
- Feasibility test of preference-based insomnia treatment for Iraq and Afghanistan war veteransDana R Epstein
Phoenix VA Health Care System, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Rehabil Nurs 38:120-32. 2013..The study determined the feasibility of implementing a brief, preference-based non-medication insomnia treatment for Iraq/Afghanistan war Veterans who experienced blast and/or other injuries resulting in an altered level of consciousness...
- Dismantling multicomponent behavioral treatment for insomnia in older adults: a randomized controlled trialDana R Epstein
Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Sleep 35:797-805. 2012..This study compares the effect of single component and multicomponent behavioral treatments for insomnia in older adults after intervention and at 3 months and 1 yr posttreatment...
- Randomized trial of a cognitive-behavioral intervention for insomnia in breast cancer survivorsDana R Epstein
Carl T Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Clinics in Phoenix, AZ, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:E51-9. 2007..To determine the efficacy of a cognitive-behavioral intervention for treating insomnia in breast cancer survivors...
- Fatigue-based subgroups of breast cancer survivors with insomniaShannon Ruff Dirksen
Arizona State University, College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:404-11. 2009..By determining symptoms associated with fatigue, patient care will benefit through a shift in focus from treatment of a single symptom such as fatigue to the delivery of a tailored intervention that targets multiple symptoms...
- Insomnia, depression, and distress among outpatients with prostate cancerShannon Ruff Dirksen
College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ 85004 0698, USA
Appl Nurs Res 22:154-8. 2009..Half the men with clinically significant insomnia also had clinically significant depression. Significant relationships were found among insomnia, depression, and distress. Implications for research and practice are offered...
- Efficacy of an insomnia intervention on fatigue, mood and quality of life in breast cancer survivorsShannon R Dirksen
College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Adv Nurs 61:664-75. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to describe the efficacy of cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia on fatigue, mood and quality of life in breast cancer survivors...
- InsomniaDana R Epstein
Department of Veterans Affairs, Carl T Hayden VA Medical Center, 650 E Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85015, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 37:611-31. 2002..Knowledge of assessment methods and implementation of nonpharmacological interventions can make a substantial contribution to the quality of life of persons with insomnia...