- Posttraumatic stress disorder in a community group of former prisoners of war: a normative response to severe traumaB Engdahl
U S Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Psychiatry 154:1576-81. 1997....
- Comorbidity and course of psychiatric disorders in a community sample of former prisoners of warB Engdahl
Psychology Service, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:1740-5. 1998..The authors assessed DSM-III-R disorders among American former prisoners of war. Comorbidity, time of onset, and the relationship of trauma severity to complicated versus uncomplicated posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) were examined...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: a right temporal lobe syndrome?B Engdahl
Psychology Section, US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center 116B, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Neural Eng 7:066005. 2010..Based on these facts, we attribute our findings to the re-experiencing component of PTSD and hypothesize that it reflects an involuntarily persistent activation of interacting neural networks involved in experiential consolidation...
- A longitudinal and retrospective study of PTSD among older prisoners of warC L Port
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1474-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Both longitudinal and retrospective data support a PTSD symptom pattern of immediate onset and gradual decline, followed by increasing PTSD symptom levels among older survivors of remote trauma...
- Attachment style classification and posttraumatic stress disorder in former prisoners of warM Dieperink
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 71:374-8. 2001..The suggested association between attachment style and PTSD's development and persistence are discussed in relation to research and clinical practice...
- The synchronous neural interactions test as a functional neuromarker for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): a robust classification method based on the bootstrapA P Georgopoulos
Brain Sciences Center, US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center 11B, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Neural Eng 7:16011. 2010....