Affiliation: Emory University
- Vascular endothelial growth factor regulates myeloid cell leukemia-1 expression through neuropilin-1-dependent activation of c-MET signaling in human prostate cancer cellsShumin Zhang
Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mol Cancer 9:9. 2010..Mcl-1 overexpression has been associated with progression in leukemia and some solid tumors including prostate cancer (PCa). However, the regulatory mechanism for Mcl-1 expression in PCa cells remains elusive...
- Genistein enhances the efficacy of cabazitaxel chemotherapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer cellsShumin Zhang
Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Prostate 73:1681-9. 2013..In this study, we investigated whether genistein, an isoflavone abundant in soy products, could sensitize mCRPC cells to cabazitaxel treatment in experimental models...
- Epidermal growth factor promotes protein degradation of epithelial protein lost in neoplasm (EPLIN), a putative metastasis suppressor, during epithelial-mesenchymal transitionShumin Zhang
Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 288:1469-79. 2013..This study elucidated a novel molecular mechanism for EGF regulation of EMT and invasiveness in PCa cells, indicating that blockade of EGF signaling could be beneficial in preventing and retarding PCa metastasis at early stages...
- PDGF upregulates Mcl-1 through activation of β-catenin and HIF-1α-dependent signaling in human prostate cancer cellsShareen Iqbal
Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30764. 2012..Aberrant platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) signaling has been associated with prostate cancer (PCa) progression. However, its role in the regulation of PCa cell growth and survival has not been well characterized...
- BKM1740, an acyl-tyrosine bisphosphonate amide derivative, inhibits the bone metastatic growth of human prostate cancer cells by inducing apoptosisSeong Il Seo
Molecular Urology and Therapeutics Program, Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365 B C ifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6198-206. 2008....
- Curcumin analogue UBS109 prevents bone loss in breast cancer bone metastasis mouse model: involvement in osteoblastogenesis and osteoclastogenesisMasayoshi Yamaguchi
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365 C Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA, 30322, USA
Cell Tissue Res 357:245-52. 2014..These findings suggest that the novel curcumin analogue UBS109 prevents breast cancer cell bone metastasis-induced bone loss by stimulating osteoblastic mineralization and suppressing osteoclastogenesis. ..