Affiliation: Emory University
- Bosch O, Pohl T, Neumann I, Young L. Abandoned prairie vole mothers show normal maternal care but altered emotionality: Potential influence of the brain corticotropin-releasing factor system. Behav Brain Res. 2018;341:114-121 pubmed publisher..This animal model has potential for mechanistic studies of behavioral and physiological consequences of partner loss in single mothers. ..
- Young L, Nilsen R, Waymire K, MacGregor G, Insel T. Increased affiliative response to vasopressin in mice expressing the V1a receptor from a monogamous vole. Nature. 1999;400:766-8 pubmed..These data indicate that the pattern of V1a-receptor gene expression in the brain may be functionally associated with species-typical social behaviours in male vertebrates. ..
- Young L, Pitkow L, Ferguson J. Neuropeptides and social behavior: animal models relevant to autism. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7 Suppl 2:S38-9 pubmed
- Young L. Regulating the social brain: a new role for CD38. Neuron. 2007;54:353-6 pubmed..A recent paper by Jin et al. published in Nature demonstrates that the transmembrane receptor CD38 plays a critical role in regulating social behaviors by regulating the release of OT from hypothalamic neurons. ..
- Bosch O, Young L. Oxytocin and Social Relationships: From Attachment to Bond Disruption. Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2018;35:97-117 pubmed publisher..This work has important translational implications relevant to the disruptions of social bonds in childhood and in adults. ..