Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Emory University
- Role of p120-catenin in cadherin traffickingKanyan Xiao
Department of Cell Biology and Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:8-16. 2007..Through these mechanisms p120 exerts influence over a wide range of biological processes that are dependent upon tight regulation of cell surface cadherin levels...
- Cellular levels of p120 catenin function as a set point for cadherin expression levels in microvascular endothelial cellsKanyan Xiao
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cell Biol 163:535-45. 2003..These results demonstrate that cellular levels of p120ctn function as a set point mechanism that regulates cadherin expression levels, and that a major function of p120ctn is to control cadherin internalization and degradation...
- p120-Catenin regulates clathrin-dependent endocytosis of VE-cadherinKanyan Xiao
Department of Dermatology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:5141-51. 2005....
- Mechanisms of VE-cadherin processing and degradation in microvascular endothelial cellsKanyan Xiao
Department of Dermatology and Emory Skin Diseases Research Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19199-208. 2003..These results provide new insights into the mechanisms of VE-cadherin processing and degradation in microvascular endothelial cells...
- VE-cadherin: adhesion at arm's lengthPeter A Vincent
Dept of Dermatology, Emory Univ School of Medicine, Woodruff Memorial Bldg, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C987-97. 2004..These recent studies place p120(ctn) at the hub of a cadherin-catenin regulatory mechanism that controls cadherin plasma membrane levels in cells of both epithelial and endothelial origin...
- p120-Catenin is required for mouse vascular developmentRebecca G Oas
Department of Cell Biology, 615 Michael St, Room 465, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circ Res 106:941-51. 2010..p120-catenin (p120) is an armadillo family protein that binds to the cytoplasmic domain of classical cadherins and prevents cadherin endocytosis. The role of p120 in vascular development is unknown...
- Regulation of endothelial barrier function and growth by VE-cadherin, plakoglobin, and beta-cateninKala Venkiteswaran
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C811-21. 2002..These observations suggest that intercellular junction proteins function as components of an adhesion and signaling system that regulates vascular barrier function and growth...
- Role of p120-Catenin in Angiogenesis and Vascular DevelopmentKanyan Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2007This application for a Mentored Research Scientist Development Award is designed to provide the candidate, Kanyan Xiao, Instructor of Cell Biology and Dermatology at Emory University, with the opportunity to transit from vascular cell ..