Katherine S Virgo
Affiliation: Emory University
- Health care policy and cancer survivorshipKatherine S Virgo
Health Services Research Program, Intramural Research Department, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cancer 119:2187-99. 2013..Given predicted workforce shortages and ever-increasing numbers of aging cancer survivors on both sides of the Atlantic, sharing lessons learned will be critical...
- Barriers to breast and colorectal cancer survivorship care: perceptions of primary care physicians and medical oncologists in the United StatesKatherine S Virgo
Department of Health Policy and Management, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:2322-36. 2013..This article is a nationwide survey of barriers perceived by primary care physicians (PCPs) and medical oncologists (MOs) regarding breast and colorectal cancer survivorship care beyond 5 years after treatment...
- Diagnosis date agreement between SEER and Medicare claims data: impact on treatmentChun Chieh Lin
Surveillance and Health Services Research program, American Cancer Society Department of Health Policy and Management, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Med Care 52:32-7. 2014..A prior assessment of concordance between the diagnosis month in SEER records and Medicare claims found reasonable agreement; however, no assessment of the impact of discordance on cancer treatment ascertainment was conducted...
- Determinants of the combined use of external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy for low-risk, clinically localized prostate cancerRuben G W Quek
Statistics and Evaluation Center, Intramural Research Department, American Cancer Society and Department of Health Policy and Management, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Cancer 119:3619-28. 2013....
- Annual patient time costs associated with medical care among cancer survivors in the United StatesK Robin Yabroff
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA Information Management Services Inc Rockville, MD Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Health Policy and Management, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Med Care 52:594-601. 2014..We used nationally representative data and a medical service-based approach to estimate the annual patient time costs among cancer survivors...
- A systematic review of large-scale surveys of cancer survivors conducted in North America, 2000-2011Catherine C Lerro
Health Services Research Program, Intramural Research Department, American Cancer Society National Home Office, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Cancer Surviv 6:115-45. 2012..Here, we review large data sources in North America collecting cancer survivor-reported health information, and catalogue the domains of cancer survivorship each includes...
- Economic burden of cancer survivorship among adults in the United StatesGery P Guy
Gery P Guy Jr, Donatus U Ekwueme, Chunyu Li, and Juan L Rodriguez, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Katherine S Virgo, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA K Robin Yabroff and Janet S de Moor, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD and Emily C Dowling, Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 31:3749-57. 2013..To present nationally representative estimates of the impact of cancer survivorship on medical expenditures and lost productivity among adults in the United States...
- Association between the availability of medical oncologists and initiation of chemotherapy for patients with stage III colon cancerChun Chieh Lin
American Cancer Society and Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Oncol Pract 9:27-33. 2013..Uneven geographic distribution of MOs may contribute to decreasing access to cancer care. This study explored the association of MO availability by hospital service area (HSA) of patient residence and access to chemotherapy treatment...