Affiliation: Emory University
- The role of antipsychotics in treating deliriumLarry Tune
Department of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, Wesley Woods Geriatric Center, 1841 Clifton Street, NE, Atlanta, GA, 30329, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 4:209-12. 2002..Data from two studies conducted at the Wesley Woods Center at Emory University will be briefly reviewed as they constitute the largest series to date investigating the pharmacologic management of delirious demented patients...
- Donepezil HCl (E2020) maintains functional brain activity in patients with Alzheimer disease: results of a 24-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyLarry Tune
Wesley Woods Center at Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:169-77. 2003..The authors evaluated the effects of donepezil (10 mg/day) versus placebo on brain glucose metabolism...
- Schizophrenia in late lifeLarry E Tune
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:103-13. 2003..Within these two groups, treatment response, effective dose ranges, and sensitivity to side effects can be scrutinized more carefully...
- Chronic exposure to anticholinergic medications adversely affects the course of Alzheimer diseaseChing ju Lu
Department of Psychiatry at Wesley Woods Geriatric Teaching and Research Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30329 5102, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:458-61. 2003..Authors examined the effect of chronic exposure to anticholinergics in a cohort of Alzheimer disease (AD) patients...
- Dementia management: regulations, rules, and researchLarry E Tune
J Am Med Dir Assoc 4:H13-6. 2003
- Cognitive, behavioral, and physiological changes in Alzheimer disease patients as a function of incontinence medicationsRita D Jewart
Department of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, Wesley Woods Health Center, 1841 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:324-8. 2005..Authors evaluated the cognitive, neurophysiologic, and behavioral effects of incontinence medications in patients with Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Correlates of anticholinergic activity in patients with dementia and psychosis treated with risperidone or olanzapineBenoit H Mulsant
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1708-14. 2004..Older individuals with dementia are highly sensitive to the effects of muscarinic receptor blockade...
- A retrospective study of the safety of intramuscular ziprasidone in agitated elderly patientsK Elizabeth Greco
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:928-9. 2005..Authors evaluated the safety of intramuscular ziprasidone for use in acute agitation in an elderly population...
- Aripiprazole for the treatment of psychoses in institutionalized patients with Alzheimer dementia: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled assessment of three fixed dosesJacobo E Mintzer
Alzheimer s Research and Clinical Programs, Medical University of South Carolina, North Charleston, SC 29406 6076, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:918-31. 2007..To assess the efficacy and safety of aripiprazole for psychosis associated with Alzheimer dementia (AD)...
- Great progress in diagnosis and treatment of dementiaLarry E Tune
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:388-90. 2003