Affiliation: Emory University
- The effect of gonadal hormones and gender on anxiety and emotional learningDonna J Toufexis
Emory University, Department of Psychiatry, Yerkes National Primate Center, 954 Gatewood Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Horm Behav 50:539-49. 2006....
- Region- and sex-specific modulation of anxiety behaviours in the ratD Toufexis
Emory University, Department of Psychiatry, Yerkes National Primate Centre, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 19:461-73. 2007....
- Estrogen disrupts the inhibition of fear in female rats, possibly through the antagonistic effects of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and ERbetaDonna J Toufexis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, and The Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
J Neurosci 27:9729-35. 2007..In contrast, neither E nor ERalpha and ERbeta agonists affected single-cue fear conditioning in either sex. These data suggest that E does not enhance fear in emotional learning but acts to disrupt the inhibition of fear in females only...
- Progesterone attenuates corticotropin-releasing factor-enhanced but not fear-potentiated startle via the activity of its neuroactive metabolite, allopregnanoloneDonna J Toufexis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and The Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosci 24:10280-7. 2004....
- Role of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis versus the amygdala in fear, stress, and anxietyDavid L Walker
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and The Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Suite 4000, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 463:199-216. 2003....
- Genetic, epigenetic and environmental impact on sex differences in social behaviorKathryn N Shepard
Division of Psychobiology, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Physiol Behav 97:157-70. 2009..Taken together, the data clearly underscore the need to expand research initiatives to consider gene-environment interactions for better understanding of the neurobiology of sex differences in social behavior...