- African American patients' perspectives on medical decision makingAlexia M Torke
Division of General Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:525-30. 2004..We sought to describe the perspectives of older African American patients in a primary care clinic as they consider a medical decision...
- A workshop to teach medical students communication skills and clinical knowledge about end-of-life careAlexia M Torke
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:540-4. 2004..By 6 months, many students reported applying these skills to patient care in a way they thought was effective...
- Medical care at the end of life: views of African American patients in an urban hospitalAlexia M Torke
Division of General Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Palliat Med 8:593-602. 2005..Such discussions should explore patients' desire for aggressive care, consider spiritual views and the importance of family in end-of-life decisions, and consider that some patients will not believe such discussions are necessary...
- The physician-surrogate relationshipAlexia M Torke
MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill 60637, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1117-21. 2007..We outline key issues affecting the physician-surrogate relationship and provide guidance for physicians who are making decisions with surrogates...
- Rethinking the ethical framework for surrogate decision making: a qualitative study of physiciansAlexia M Torke
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, USA
J Clin Ethics 19:110-9. 2008