- African American patients' perspectives on medical decision makingAlexia M Torke
Division of General Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:525-30. 2004..We sought to describe the perspectives of older African American patients in a primary care clinic as they consider a medical decision...
- A workshop to teach medical students communication skills and clinical knowledge about end-of-life careAlexia M Torke
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:540-4. 2004..By 6 months, many students reported applying these skills to patient care in a way they thought was effective...
- Medical care at the end of life: views of African American patients in an urban hospitalAlexia M Torke
Division of General Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Palliat Med 8:593-602. 2005..Although one goal of end-of-life care is to honor the wishes and needs of patients, little research has been done to characterize what is important to seriously ill African American patients at the end of life...
- The physician-surrogate relationshipAlexia M Torke
MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill 60637, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1117-21. 2007..We outline key issues affecting the physician-surrogate relationship and provide guidance for physicians who are making decisions with surrogates...
- Rethinking the ethical framework for surrogate decision making: a qualitative study of physiciansAlexia M Torke
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, USA
J Clin Ethics 19:110-9. 2008