Affiliation: Emory University
- Sexual Transmission of XMRV: A Potential Infection RoutePrachi Sharma
Division of Pathology, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Adv Virol 2011:965689. 2011..The ready detection of XMRV in the reproductive tract of male and female macaques infected intravenously suggests the potential for sexual transmission for XMRV...
- Spontaneous gastric carcinomas in sooty mangabeys (Cercocebus atys)Prachi Sharma
Division of Pathology, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Comp Med 61:527-31. 2011..In the samples available, serology and Steiner stain did not detect Helicobacter, and immunohistochemistry failed to reveal Helicobacter or Epstein-Barr virus, 2 potential causes for human gastric carcinomas...
- Ruptured mycotic aortic aneurysm in a sooty mangabey (Cercocebus atys)Prachi Sharma
Division of Pathology, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Comp Med 61:532-7. 2011..Spontaneous aortic aneurysms have been described in nonhuman primates, but this is the first reported case of a ruptured spontaneous aortic aneurysm associated with entomophthoromycetic infection in a sooty mangabey...
- SHIV-1157i and passaged progeny viruses encoding R5 HIV-1 clade C env cause AIDS in rhesus monkeysMichael Humbert
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Retrovirology 5:94. 2008..As such, SHIVs should mimic natural HIV-1 infection in humans and, to address the pandemic, encode HIV-1 Env components representing major viral subtypes worldwide...
- Infection, viral dissemination, and antibody responses of rhesus macaques exposed to the human gammaretrovirus XMRVNattawat Onlamoon
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Virol 85:4547-57. 2011..Our findings establish a nonhuman primate model to study XMRV replication/dissemination, transmission, pathogenesis, immune responses, and potential future therapies...
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder associated with immunosuppressive therapy for renal transplantation in rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta)Eugenia K Page
Emory Transplant Center, Emory University, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, United States
Exp Toxicol Pathol 65:1019-24. 2013..We report 3 cases of PTLD in rhesus macaques that illustrate this risk potential in the setting of potent immunosuppressive therapies for solid organ transplantation. ..
- Retrograde ejaculation associated spontaneous sperm cystolithiasis in four rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta)Sanjeev Gumber
Division of Pathology, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, 954 Gatewood Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA Electronic address
Exp Toxicol Pathol 65:1121-5. 2013..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first report of four spontaneous cases of sperm cystolithiasis in rhesus macaques. ..
- Cerebrovascular accident (stroke) in captive, group-housed, female chimpanzeesSherrie M Jean
Department of Animal Resources, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Comp Med 62:322-9. 2012..Predisposing factors, diagnosis, and treatment options of cerebral vascular accident in the captive chimpanzee population are discussed also...
- Extensive Vascular Mineralization in the Brain of a Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes)Fawn R Connor-Stroud
Division of Animal Resources, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Comp Med 64:224-9. 2014..To our knowledge, mineralization in brain has been reported only once to occur in a chimpanzee, but its chronicity in our case makes it particularly interesting. ..