Affiliation: Emory University
- Potential role of safer injection facilities in reducing HIV and hepatitis C infections and overdose mortality in the United StatesSalaam Semaan
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Grace Crum Rollins Building, 1518 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:100-10. 2011..They exist in many countries, but do not exist in the United States. We assessed several ethical, operational, and public health considerations for establishing SIFs in the United States...
- Effectiveness of structural-level needle/syringe programs to reduce HCV and HIV infection among people who inject drugs: a systematic reviewAbu S Abdul-Quader
Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV AIDS, Epidemiology and Strategic Information Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CORP Bldg 1 Rm 2308 02, MS E30, Atlanta, GA, 30329 1902, USA
AIDS Behav 17:2878-92. 2013..The results support NSP as a structural-level intervention to reduce population-level infection and implementation of NSP for prevention and treatment of HIV and HCV infection. ..
- Ethical and regulatory considerations in HIV prevention studies employing respondent-driven samplingSalaam Semaan
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, E 07, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J Drug Policy 20:14-27. 2009....
- Sexual health in art and scienceSalaam Semaan
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1782-8. 2006
- Factors associated with perceptions of, and decisional balance for, condom use with main partner among women at risk for HIV infectionSalaam Semaan
National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Women Health 37:53-69. 2003..The regression results can inform our work in HIV prevention on whether to focus on the pros, the cons, or both to obtain positive decisional balance scores and increase condom use in situations that warrant protective behaviors...
- CDC consultation on methamphetamine use and sexual risk behavior for HIV/STD infection: summary and suggestionsGordon Mansergh
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mailstop E37, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 121:127-32. 2006..A set of suggestions for future research and programs were developed by the participants. This article provides a summary of content and recommendations from the consultation, and not an exhaustive review of the literature...
- Street and network sampling in evaluation studies of HIV risk-reduction interventionsSalaam Semaan
National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop E 02, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Rev 4:213-23. 2002..Continued efforts are needed to improve the sampling strategies used in evaluation studies of HIV risk-reduction interventions...
- Behavior change and health-related interventions for heterosexual risk reduction among drug usersSalaam Semaan
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Subst Use Misuse 41:1349-78. 2006..It is important to adapt effective interventions implemented in resource-rich countries to the realities of the resource-constrained settings and to address relevant contextual factors...