Allison C Ross
Affiliation: Emory University
- Bone effects of rosiglitazone in HIV-infected patients with lipoatrophyAllison C Ross
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
HIV Clin Trials 13:212-21. 2012..However, their use in the general population has been associated with bone loss and fracture. We sought to determine the effects of rosiglitazone on bone metabolism in HIV-infected patients...
- Effects of in utero antiretroviral exposure on mitochondrial DNA levels, mitochondrial function and oxidative stressA C Ross
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
HIV Med 13:98-106. 2012....
- Longitudinal changes in carotid intima-media thickness and cardiovascular risk factors in human immunodeficiency virus-infected children and young adults compared with healthy controlsAllison C Ross
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:634-8. 2010..This study assessed longitudinal changes in carotid intima-media thickness (cIMT) as a surrogate marker for CVD, and determined the relationship between cIMT and cardiovascular risk factors in HIV infected children/young adults...
- Vitamin D is linked to carotid intima-media thickness and immune reconstitution in HIV-positive individualsAllison C Ross
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Antivir Ther 16:555-63. 2011..Vitamin D insufficiency has been associated with increased CVD risk in non-HIV populations. This study sought to determine the relationship between vitamin D status and markers of CVD and HIV-related factors in HIV-positive patients...
- Heightened inflammation is linked to carotid intima-media thickness and endothelial activation in HIV-infected childrenAllison C Ross
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Atherosclerosis 211:492-8. 2010..We compared proinflammatory cytokines and adhesion molecules in HIV+ children versus healthy controls, and assessed their relationship to carotid intima-media thickness (IMT)...
- The HIV-Infected AdolescentAllison C Ross
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, 2015 Uppergate Drive, NE, Atlanta, GA, 30322, USA
Curr Infect Dis Rep 12:63-70. 2010..Implementing a formal, multidisciplinary program that involves individual youths and their families for improved transition to adult HIV care will afford such adolescents a better chance for a healthy adulthood...
- Endothelial activation markers are linked to HIV status and are independent of antiretroviral therapy and lipoatrophyAllison C Ross
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:499-506. 2008....
- Cord blood lipids in infants born to HIV-1-infected women treated with combination antiretroviral therapyAnn J Melvin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Antivir Ther 13:349-55. 2008....
- Relationship between inflammatory markers, endothelial activation markers, and carotid intima-media thickness in HIV-infected patients receiving antiretroviral therapyAllison C Ross
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1119-27. 2009....
- Vitamin D supplementation and endothelial function in vitamin D deficient HIV-infected patients: a randomized placebo-controlled trialChris T Longenecker
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Antivir Ther 17:613-21. 2012..Vitamin D deficiency is prevalent in HIV patients but the effect of vitamin D supplementation on cardiovascular risk in this population is unknown...
- Increased mtDNA levels without change in mitochondrial enzymes in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of infants born to HIV-infected mothers on antiretroviral therapyGrace A McComsey
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
HIV Clin Trials 9:126-36. 2008..The effects of gestational nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) on mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) are controversial. The effects of mtDNA depletion on mitochondrial function have not been assessed...
- Secondary complications and co-infections in the HIV-infected adolescent in the antiretroviral eraAllison C Ross
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 24:212-8. 2011..HIV-infected adolescents are also at a high risk of sexually transmitted co-infections. This article reviews the main secondary complications and co-infections in the HIV-infected adolescent...
- The clinical care of the HIV-1-infected infantAndres F Camacho-Gonzalez
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University, 2015 Uppergate Drive, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin Perinatol 37:873-85, xi. 2010..This article reviews the recommendations and evidence for the treatment of HIV-1-infected infants...
- Frequency and risk factors for deep focus of infection in children with Staphylococcus aureus bacteremiaAllison C Ross
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:396-9. 2008..The objective of this study was to establish the frequency and risk factors for deep foci of infection from SAB in pediatric patients...