Affiliation: Emory University
- Surgical follow-up and clinical presentation of 142 breast papillary lesions diagnosed by ultrasound-guided core-needle biopsyMonica Rizzo
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1040-7. 2008....
- Using National Quality Forum breast cancer indicators to measure quality of care for patients in an AVON comprehensive breast centerRadha Iyengar
Department of Surgery at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Breast J 16:240-4. 2010..Using the NQF indicators serves to assess hospital performance at a systems-level and as a useful method for tracking cancer quality of care...
- Feasibility of accelerated partial breast irradiation in a large inner-city public hospitalMiral Amin
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:4094-8. 2012..We report our novel experience with APBI at a large public hospital that serves low-income and potentially noncompliant patients...
- Locoregional recurrence after mastectomy with immediate transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous (TRAM) flap reconstructionSharla Gayle Patterson
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2679-84. 2012..The locoregional recurrence (LRR) rate after mastectomy is reported to be similar with immediate reconstruction. We aimed to identify characteristics of LRR after transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous (TRAM) reconstruction...
- 21-Gene recurrence scores: racial differences in testing, scores, treatment, and outcomeMary Jo Lund
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 118:788-96. 2012..In the current study, the authors investigated racial differences in RS testing, scores, treatment, and outcome...
- Management of papillary breast lesions diagnosed on core-needle biopsy: clinical pathologic and radiologic analysis of 276 cases with surgical follow-upMonica Rizzo
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
J Am Coll Surg 214:280-7. 2012..Clinical management of papillary breast lesions (PBLs) remains controversial. The objective of this study was to identify pathologic and radiologic predictors of malignancy from a large cohort of PBLs diagnosed on core-needle biopsy (CNB)...
- Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia (PASH) of the breast: a series of 24 patientsErin Bowman
Department of Surgery, Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive S W, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Breast J 18:242-7. 2012..Management is conservative surgery for larger masses with careful observation being an option in patients not at high risk for breast cancer...
- Final results from phase II trial of neoadjuvant docetaxel and capecitabine given sequentially or concurrently for HER2-negative breast cancersAmelia B Zelnak
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 13:173-9. 2013..We hypothesized that the combination of docetaxel and capecitabine, given concomitantly or sequentially, would present a nonanthracycline-based treatment option for patients with early stage and locally advanced breast cancer...
- The changing field of locoregional treatment for breast cancerMonica Rizzo
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 25:813-6. 2011....
- National surgical patterns of care for primary surgery and axillary staging of phyllodes tumorsNorleena Poynter Gullett
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Breast J 15:41-4. 2009..3% for lesions <2 cm, 20.5% for lesions 2-4.9 cm, 27.9% for 5-9.9 cm); although this was nonsignificant. In spite of the lack of supporting data for LN examination axillary staging continues to be performed for many cases of PT...
- Characteristics and treatment modalities for African American women diagnosed with stage III breast cancerMonica Rizzo
Avon Comprehensive Breast Cancer Center at Grady, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cancer 115:3009-15. 2009..The aim of this study was to correlate age, receptor status, nuclear grade, and differences in treatment modalities for stage III breast cancer in an inner-city hospital serving a large AA population...
- Reed-Sternberg cells in breast FNA of a patient with left breast massJaemin Park
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 38:663-8. 2010..We report a rare case of Hodgkin's lymphoma presented as a breast mass in a 23-year-old woman diagnosed on fine needle aspiration (FNA). At presentation, she had no B symptoms, or palpable lymphadenopathy...
- The effects of additional tumor cavity sampling at the time of breast-conserving surgery on final margin status, volume of resection, and pathologist workloadMonica Rizzo
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:228-34. 2010..This study compares the reoperation rates, volume of breast excised in cm(3), and number of pathology slides examined in two groups of patients who underwent BCS with or without four or five additional margins (BCS + M)...
- 1 or 2 cm margins of excision for T2 melanomas: do they impact recurrence or survival?Laura E Hudson
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine and the Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:346-51. 2013..We hypothesized 1- or 2-cm margins would have similar local recurrence (LR) and overall survival (OS)...
- Effects of an outreach and internal navigation program on breast cancer diagnosis in an urban cancer center with a large African-American populationSheryl G A Gabram
Georgia Cancer Center for Excellence at Grady Health System, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 113:602-7. 2008..They then assessed the effectiveness of these outreach initiatives and internal patient navigation on stage of diagnosis...
- High prevalence of triple-negative tumors in an urban cancer centerMary Jo B Lund
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 113:608-15. 2008..In the current study, the authors investigated breast cancer subgroups among patients in an urban cancer center serving a multiracial, low socioeconomic population...