Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Emory University
- Ho I, Bunker J, Erickson S, Neu K, Huang M, Cortese M, et al. Refined protocol for generating monoclonal antibodies from single human and murine B cells. J Immunol Methods. 2016;438:67-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these refinements significantly increase single-cell antibody expression efficiency and are easily integrated into established and novel pipelines. ..
- Pulendran B, Ahmed R. Immunological mechanisms of vaccination. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:509-17 pubmed..Here we will discuss these advances and emerging themes on the immunology of vaccination. ..
- ..Here, we review these advances and critically examine the potential opportunities and challenges posed by systems biology in vaccine development. ..
- Pulendran B. Learning immunology from the yellow fever vaccine: innate immunity to systems vaccinology. Nat Rev Immunol. 2009;9:741-7 pubmed publisher..Here I review how these developments are yielding insights into the mechanism of action of the yellow fever vaccine, one of the most successful vaccines ever developed, and the broader implications for vaccinology. ..
- Li S, Sullivan N, Rouphael N, Yu T, Banton S, Maddur M, et al. Metabolic Phenotypes of Response to Vaccination in Humans. Cell. 2017;169:862-877.e17 pubmed publisher..Our approach is broadly applicable to study human immunity and can help to identify predictors of efficacy as well as mechanisms controlling immunity to vaccination. ..
- Sinclair C, Bommakanti G, Gardinassi L, Loebbermann J, Johnson M, Hakimpour P, et al. mTOR regulates metabolic adaptation of APCs in the lung and controls the outcome of allergic inflammation. Science. 2017;357:1014-1021 pubmed publisher..mTOR therefore mediates metabolic adaptation of APCs in distinct tissues, influencing the immunological character of allergic inflammation. ..
- Pulendran B, Oh J, Nakaya H, Ravindran R, Kazmin D. Immunity to viruses: learning from successful human vaccines. Immunol Rev. 2013;255:243-55 pubmed publisher..Vaccines that have been proven to be of immense benefit in saving lives offer us a new fringe benefit: lessons in viral immunology. ..