Stephen R Pitts
Affiliation: Emory University
- National trends in emergency department occupancy, 2001 to 2008: effect of inpatient admissions versus emergency department practice intensityStephen R Pitts
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 60:679-686.e3. 2012..We evaluate recent trends in emergency department (ED) crowding and its potential causes by analyzing ED occupancy, a proxy measure for ED crowding...
- Where Americans get acute care: increasingly, it's not at their doctor's officeStephen R Pitts
Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Emory University, Emory University Hospital Midtown, Atlanta, GA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1620-9. 2010..The challenge for reform will be to succeed in the current, complex acute care landscape...
- Evidence-based emergency medicine/systematic review abstract. Use of the neuraminidase inhibitor class of antiviral drugs for treatment of healthy adults with an acute influenza-like illnessStephen R Pitts
Department of Emergency Medicine Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:552-4. 2002
- Severely increased blood pressure in the emergency departmentPhilip H Shayne
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Ann Emerg Med 41:513-29. 2003..In this article, we examine the broad spectrum of disease, from the asymptomatic to critically ill patient, and the dilemma it creates for the emergency physician in deciding how and when in the process to intervene...
- Measuring value for low-acuity care across settingsSofie Rahman Morgan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e356-63. 2012..Aligning value among groups could allow stakeholders to influence each other and could guide rational change in the delivery of acute medical care for low-acuity conditions...
- Variations in the quality of care of patients with acute myocardial infarction among Swiss university hospitalsJean Christophe Luthi
Georgia Medical Care Foundation, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 17:229-34. 2005..The objective of our study was to assess hospital variations in the quality of care delivered to acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patients among three Swiss academic medical centres...