Patricia A Parmelee
Affiliation: Emory University
- Quality improvement in nursing homes: the elephants in the roomPatricia A Parmelee
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:2138-40. 2004
- Necessary and discretionary activities in knee osteoarthritis: do they mediate the pain-depression relationship?Patricia A Parmelee
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Pain Med 8:449-61. 2007..A key focus was the distinction of functional disability in necessary tasks (basic and instrumental activities of daily living) from discretionary, leisure activities...
- Pain management interventions in the nursing home: a structured review of the literatureAdam D Herman
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1258-67. 2009..Process endpoints are used as surrogate measures for resident endpoints. Systematic approaches are needed to understand how each type of intervention improves the quality of pain management at the resident level...
- Content validation of symptom-specific nocturia quality-of-life instrument developed in men: issues expressed by women, as well as menLauren L Mock
Birmingham Atlanta Veterans Affairs Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Urology 72:736-42. 2008..Because the ICIQ-Nqol was developed exclusively in men, the validity of its use in women is unknown...
- Implementation and evaluation of a nursing home fall management programKimberly Rask
Center on Health Outcomes and Quality, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:342-9. 2007..To evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of a falls management program (FMP) for nursing homes (NHs)...
- Similarities and differences in depression among black and white nursing home residentsTina L Harralson
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 10:175-84. 2002..Results indicate the importance of considering the method used to diagnose depression and the necessity of controlling for the nursing home setting when examining racial differences in depression...
- Effects of pain on functioning and well-being in older adults with osteoarthritis of the kneeJamila Bookwala
Department of Psychology, Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania 18042, USA
Psychol Aging 18:844-50. 2003..Thus, distinguishing between physical and social functioning when examining the costs of OA-related pain is useful. Moreover, existing pain-psychological well-being models can be generalized to perceived health...
- Urinary incontinence: a neglected geriatric syndrome in nursing facilitiesLarry W Lawhorne
Department of Geriatrics, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 45408, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:29-35. 2008....
- An interdisciplinary expert consensus statement on assessment of pain in older personsThomas Hadjistavropoulos
Centre on Aging and Health, University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada
Clin J Pain 23:S1-43. 2007..The literature underlying the consensus recommendations is reviewed. Multiple revisions led to final reviews of 2 complete drafts before consensus was reached...
- Which long-term care residents should be asked to complete a customer satisfaction survey?Margaret S Van De Water
The Birmingham Atlanta VA GRECC, Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, Georgia, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 4:257-63. 2003....