Affiliation: Emory University
- SHIV-1157i and passaged progeny viruses encoding R5 HIV-1 clade C env cause AIDS in rhesus monkeysMichael Humbert
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Retrovirology 5:94. 2008..As such, SHIVs should mimic natural HIV-1 infection in humans and, to address the pandemic, encode HIV-1 Env components representing major viral subtypes worldwide...
- Development of AIDS in a chimpanzee infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1F J Novembre
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Virol 71:4086-91. 1997..These results show that HIV-1 can induce AIDS in chimpanzees and suggest that long-term passage of HIV-1 in chimpanzees can result in the development of a more pathogenic virus...
- Isolation and characterization of a neuropathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus derived from a sooty mangabeyF J Novembre
Divisions of Microbiology and Immunology, Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 72:8841-51. 1998..This virus should provide an excellent system for investigating the mechanism of lentivirus-induced neurologic disease...
- Combination DNA and Attenuated Virus Vaccine for SIVFrancis Novembre; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, these studies will allow a comparison to other DNA-based strategies currently being utilized at the Yerkes Center. ..
- Genetics of Neuropathogenic SIV InfectionFrancis Novembre; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will investigate the evolution of the ability of these viruses to induce the production of neurotoxins in CNS derived cells. ..