- The MACH Model: from competencies to instruction and performance of the public health workforce
Kathleen R Miner
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Public Health Rep 120:9-15. 2005
- Amplifying diffusion of health information in low-literate populations through adult education health literacy classes
Ariela M Freedman
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Health Commun 16:119-33. 2011
..Significantly, this study demonstrates that adult education students themselves may be a powerful vehicle for health communication beyond the walls of the classroom...
- Internet use for health information among college students
Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Am Coll Health 53:183-8. 2005
..Issues related to the credibility of the information on health Web sites were crucial considerations for students. The study found differences in Internet use for health information by gender and by level of Internet experience...
- Building capacity for success: the Tobacco Technical Assistance Consortium
Dearell R Niemeyer
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:206-9. 2003
..TTAC is a valuable addition to tobacco control and prevention resources and is a viable component within a school of public health...
- Intent to breast-feed: the impact of attitudes, norms, parity, and experience
Amy S Kloeblen-Tarver
Department of Nutrition Services, Grady Health System, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Am J Health Behav 26:182-7. 2002
..To examine the influence of breast-feeding attitudes, social norms, and prior experience on predicting breast-feeding intention utilizing the theories of reasoned action and planned behavior...
- Making the grade in public health advocacy
M Elaine Auld
Am J Public Health 93:1984-5. 2003
- Health behavior change models and theories: contributions to rehabilitation
Els R Nieuwenhuijsen
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Disabil Rehabil 28:245-56. 2006
..This article highlights the importance of health behavior change (HBC) theory, and its relevance to rehabilitation research and practice...
- Logic model use in developing a survey instrument for program evaluation: emergency preparedness summits for schools of nursing in Georgia
Public Health Informatics Institute, Task Force for Child Survival and Development, Decatur, Georgia 30030, USA
Public Health Nurs 24:472-9. 2007
..By showing these linkages, the utility of the logic model is maximized and the stakeholders in the assessment of the program have clear evidence that their expectations and needs have been met for a valuable, useful evaluation product...
- Curricular innovation and the science of public health education: a call to action
Kathleen R Miner
Public Health Rep 123:1-4. 2008
- Report of the 2000 Joint Committee on Health Education and Promotion Terminology
Robert S Gold
Public Health Informatics Research Lab, Dept. of Public and Community Health, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Sch Health 72:3-7. 2002