Lillian R Meacham
Affiliation: Emory University
- Body mass index in long-term adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report of the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyLillian R Meacham
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 103:1730-9. 2005..The goals of the current study were to determine the distribution of body mass index (BMI) of survivors of common pediatric malignancies and to identify factors associated with abnormal BMI...
- Diabetes mellitus in long-term survivors of childhood cancer. Increased risk associated with radiation therapy: a report for the childhood cancer survivor studyLillian R Meacham
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1381-8. 2009..Childhood cancer survivors are at increased risk of morbidity and mortality. To further characterize this risk, this study aimed to compare the prevalence of diabetes mellitus (DM) in childhood cancer survivors and their siblings...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in adult survivors of pediatric cancer--a report from the childhood cancer survivor studyLillian R Meacham
AFLAC Cancer Center, Emory University, Hematology Oncology and Endocrinology, 2015 Uppergate Drive Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:170-81. 2010..Childhood cancer survivors are at higher risk of morbidity and mortality from cardiovascular disease compared with the general population...
- Late recurrence in pediatric cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyKaren Wasilewski-Masker
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite, 5455 Meridian Mark Rd, Ste 400, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1709-20. 2009..We sought to estimate late recurrence rates for the most common pediatric cancers and to determine risk factors for late recurrence...
- Adrenal function testing in pediatric cancer survivorsBriana C Patterson
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1302-7. 2009..Central adrenal insufficiency is observed after cranial radiation therapy for cancer. Screening at risk patients is recommended, but the best screening strategy is unknown...
- Severity of health conditions identified in a pediatric cancer survivor programKaren Wasilewski-Masker
The Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service at Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30342, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:976-82. 2010..0 (CTCAE) was designed for reporting acute and late effects of cancer treatment. To date, no study of pediatric-aged cancer survivors has graded health conditions using CTCAE, for patients in active follow-up in a cancer survivor program...
- Characteristics of growth hormone therapy for pediatric patients with brain tumors in the National Cooperative Growth Study (NCGS) and from a survey of pediatric endocrinologistsLillian R Meacham
Emory University and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, GA 30033, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:689-96. 2002..The time to initiating GH replacement therapy was evaluated in 14 tumor types, as well as the contributing impact of the extent of tumor resection...
- Primary care providers as partners in long-term follow-up of pediatric cancer survivorsLillian R Meacham
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cancer Surviv 6:270-7. 2012..To develop a model of shared healthcare delivery that includes primary care providers (PCP) and ensures best practice in follow-up of pediatric cancer survivors...
- Bone mineral density deficits in survivors of childhood cancer: long-term follow-up guidelines and review of the literatureKaren Wasilewski-Masker
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 121:e705-13. 2008....
- Late effects risk profiles using the long-term follow-up guidelines in identical twin survivors of acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDella L Howell
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:349-52. 2007..The first twin was treated for high-risk leukemia and the second for standard-risk leukemia, each with different ALL protocols. Timely use of the LTFU guidelines has aided in identifying and treating their adverse late effects...
- Auxologic and biochemical characterization of the three phases of growth failure in pediatric patients with brain tumorsLillian R Meacham
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Emory University and AFLAC Cancer Center of Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:711-7. 2004..Phase 1 is characterized by decreased HV, BMI, leptin levels and calorie counts. With recognition of this profile, the early growth failure might be preventable with aggressive nutritional rehabilitation...
- Mechanism of transient adrenal insufficiency with megestrol acetate treatment of cachexia in children with cancerLillian R Meacham
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, AFLAC Cancer Center, Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:414-7. 2003..The suppression of the adrenal axis was at the level of the hypothalamus/pituitary. Adrenal suppression can occur in patients treated with MA. Awareness of this possibility and the use of glucocorticoid stress coverage are advised...
- Seventeen-year-old adolescent with pituitary abscessMichelle I Lin
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Emory Children s Center, 2015 Uppergate Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24:771-3. 2011..He continues to require thyroid, adrenal and anti-diuretic hormone replacements. As with any pituitary lesion, prompt complete hypothalamic pituitary evaluation is essential to avoid potentially life-threatening consequences...
- Longitudinal changes in obesity and body mass index among adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyEdward G Garmey
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4639-45. 2008..We examined the rate of increase in the body mass index (BMI; kg/m(2)) after final height attainment in survivors of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and a noncancer comparison group...
- Osteonecrosis in adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor studyNina S Kadan-Lottick
Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3038-45. 2008..Osteonecrosis (ON) is a potentially serious complication of therapy in survivors of childhood cancer. Our goals were to describe the incidence of ON and identify patient and treatment characteristics associated with elevated risk...
- Obesity in pediatric oncologyPaul C Rogers
Children s and Women s Hospital and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:881-91. 2005....
- The use of dextroamphetamine to treat obesity and hyperphagia in children treated for craniopharyngiomaPatrick W Mason
Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children, Fairfax, VA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:887-92. 2002..Obesity and attention difficulties are known complications following surgical treatment for craniopharyngioma. Treatments to date have been largely disappointing...