Affiliation: Emory University
- Immunoprofile of ovarian tumors with putative transitional cell (urothelial) differentiation using novel urothelial markers: histogenetic and diagnostic implicationsSanjay Logani
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:1434-41. 2003..They also indicate that the morphologic similarity between TCC-O and TCC-B does not indicate any histogenic similarity and, as others have noted, TCC-O is a variant morphology in the spectrum of surface epithelial carcinomas...
- Use of novel immunohistochemical markers expressed in colonic adenocarcinoma to distinguish primary ovarian tumors from metastatic colorectal carcinomaSanjay Logani
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mod Pathol 18:19-25. 2005..Diffuse expression of all three markers (CDX2, beta-catenin and P504S) in a tumor in the ovary was found to be virtually diagnostic of metastasis from a colorectal primary in this study...
- Vascular "pseudo invasion" in laparoscopic hysterectomy specimens: a diagnostic pitfallSanjay Logani
Department of Pathology, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:560-5. 2008..Pathologists need to be aware of this artifact to avoid misinterpretation of vascular invasion in these cases with its associated therapeutic and prognostic implications...
- Defining the cut point between low-grade and high-grade ovarian serous carcinomas: a clinicopathologic and molecular genetic analysisAyse Ayhan
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1220-4. 2009....
- Evidence that p53-mediated cell-cycle-arrest inhibits chemotherapeutic treatment of ovarian carcinomasCarlos S Moreno
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e441. 2007....
- Gene expression profiling supports the hypothesis that human ovarian surface epithelia are multipotent and capable of serving as ovarian cancer initiating cellsNathan J Bowen
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Med Genomics 2:71. 2009....
- Well-differentiated fetal adenocarcinoma of the lung: cytomorphologic features on fine-needle aspiration with emphasis on use of beta-catenin as a useful diagnostic markerLori Proctor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 35:39-42. 2007....
- Oxidative stress induces ADAM9 protein expression in human prostate cancer cellsShian Ying Sung
Molecular Urology and Therapeutics Program, Department of Urology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cancer Res 66:9519-26. 2006..ADAM9 could be responsible for supporting prostate cancer cell survival and progression. By decreasing ADAM9 expression, we observed apoptotic cell death in prostate cancer cells...
- Melanoma with cartilaginous differentiation: Diagnostic challenge on fine-needle aspiration with emphasis on differential diagnosisKrisztina Z Hanley
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:51-5. 2009..The differential diagnostic considerations are discussed...
- Aurora kinase inhibitors synergize with paclitaxel to induce apoptosis in ovarian cancer cellsChristopher D Scharer
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Transl Med 6:79. 2008..Recent data has shown that overexpression of Aurora-A can confer resistance to the taxane paclitaxel...
- The development of high-grade serous carcinoma from atypical proliferative (borderline) serous tumors and low-grade micropapillary serous carcinoma: a morphologic and molecular genetic analysisReiko Dehari
Department of Pathology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1007-12. 2007..The above results suggest that the majority of high-grade and low-grade carcinomas develop independently but in rare cases, a high-grade serous carcinoma may arise from an atypical proliferative serous (borderline) tumor...
- Emerging roles for PAX8 in ovarian cancer and endosalpingeal developmentNathan J Bowen
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Ovarian Cancer Institute, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Gynecol Oncol 104:331-7. 2007..Aberrant transcriptional expression of PAX8 has been reported in epithelial ovarian cancer, prompting us to initiate the molecular characterization of this master regulatory gene in ovarian cancer development...
- Low-grade vulvar and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia: correlation of histologic features with human papillomavirus DNA detection and MIB-1 immunostainingSanjay Logani
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mod Pathol 16:735-41. 2003..In contrast, the majority (84%) of VAIN1 cases were associated with high-risk HPVs. In conclusion, MIB-1 staining is sensitive and specific for identifying VIN1/VAIN1, helpful in verifying the diagnosis in equivocal cases...
- Evaluation of the CD34 and CD10 immunostains using a two-color staining protocol in liver fine-needle aspiration biopsiesRobert L Zimmerman
Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 32:88-91. 2005..Two-color immunostaining with CD10 and CD34 may prove useful in distinguishing HCC from metastases...
- Molecular characterization of uterine clear cell carcinomaHee Jung An
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mod Pathol 17:530-7. 2004..Additional molecular studies of pure clear cell carcinoma are required to further elucidate the genetic pathways involved in its development and progression...