Affiliation: Emory University
- Recommendations for collection and handling of specimens from group breast cancer clinical trialsBrian R Leyland-Jones
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5638-44. 2008..Recommendations for proper handling and shipping were developed for blood, serum, plasma, FFPE, and fresh/frozen tissue...
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancer and central nervous system metastasesBrian Leyland-Jones
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 30322, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5278-86. 2009..To determine the incidence, outcomes, and current strategies for management of brain metastases in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-positive breast cancer...
- Intensive loading dose of trastuzumab achieves higher-than-steady-state serum concentrations and is well toleratedBrian Leyland-Jones
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, School of Medicine, 1365C Clifton Rd NE, Ste 4014, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:960-6. 2010..7 months (in all patients). CONCLUSION An intensive loading regimen of trastuzumab achieved higher-than-steady-state serum concentrations during cycle 1, was well tolerated, and had a good efficacy profile...
- Serum HER2 testing in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer: the death knell tollsBrian Leyland-Jones
Emory Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:286-95. 2011..Furthermore, oncologists should continue to use clinical parameters when making decisions about initiation, continuation, and discontinuation of HER2-targeted treatments...
- Race and triple negative threats to breast cancer survival: a population-based study in Atlanta, GAMary Jo Lund
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:357-70. 2009..This study examines association of the ER/PR/HER2 subtypes with race and breast cancer survival...