Colleen F Kelley
Affiliation: Emory University
- Measuring population transmission risk for HIV: an alternative metric of exposure risk in men who have sex with men (MSM) in the USColleen F Kelley
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e53284. 2012..g. HIV prevalence, community viral load (CVL), population viral load (PVL), percent of HIV-positive persons with undetectable viral load] have important public health limitations for understanding disparities...
- HIV-1 RNA rectal shedding is reduced in men with low plasma HIV-1 RNA viral loads and is not enhanced by sexually transmitted bacterial infections of the rectumColleen F Kelley
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Infect Dis 204:761-7. 2011..Among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected men who have sex with men (MSM) taking combination antiretroviral therapy (cART), the impact of rectal sexually transmitted infections (STIs) on rectal HIV-1 shedding is unknown...
- Lack of effect of compartmentalized drug resistance mutations on HIV-1 pol divergence in antiretroviral-experienced womenColleen F Kelley
Emory University Department of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
AIDS 24:1361-6. 2010..To examine the persistence of compartmentalized HIV drug resistance mutations (DRM) over time in the female genital tract and its effect on pol gene divergence compared to that in blood...
- Evidence of persistent low-level viremia in long-term HAART-suppressed, HIV-infected individualsHiroyu Hatano
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
AIDS 24:2535-9. 2010..HAART can effectively reduce plasma HIV RNA levels to below the level of detection in most HIV-infected patients. The degree to which residual low-level viremia persists during HAART remains unclear...
- Incomplete peripheral CD4+ cell count restoration in HIV-infected patients receiving long-term antiretroviral treatmentColleen F Kelley
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:787-94. 2009....
- Clinical, epidemiologic characteristics of foreign-born Latinos with HIV/AIDS at an urban HIV clinicColleen F Kelley
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
AIDS Read 17:73-4, 78-80, 85-8. 2007..However, a sustained virologic response is difficult to achieve in men...
- Disseminated Mycobacterium haemophilum infectionColleen F Kelley
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 11:571-8. 2011..We describe a case of chronic, disseminated M haemophilum infection in a patient with AIDS, and we review published work...
- The relation between symptoms, viral load, and viral load set point in primary HIV infectionColleen F Kelley
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Francisco, 995 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:445-8. 2007..To examine the relation between symptoms, initial viral load, and viral load set point in primary HIV infection (PHI)...
- Social Discrimination and Resiliency Are Not Associated With Differences in Prevalent HIV Infection in Black and White Men Who Have Sex With MenJohn L Peterson
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA Division of Health Promotion and Behavior, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA and Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 66:538-43. 2014..To examine the associations of homophobia, racism, and resiliency with differences in prevalent HIV infection in black and white men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Understanding racial HIV/STI disparities in black and white men who have sex with men: a multilevel approachPatrick S Sullivan
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e90514. 2014..Understanding reasons for these disparities requires looking beyond individual-level behavioral risk to a more comprehensive framework...
- Trends in hospitalizations for AIDS-associated Pneumocystis jirovecii Pneumonia in the United States (1986 to 2005)Colleen F Kelley
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and the Emory Centerfor AIDS Research, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Chest 136:190-7. 2009....