Affiliation: Emory University
- Management of psychotic aspects of Parkinson's diseaseJ L Juncos
Emory University School of Medicine Movement Disorders Program and the Wesley Woods Center of Aging, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 60:42-53. 1999....
- Olfactory dysfunction in fragile X tremor ataxia syndromeJorge L Juncos
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Mov Disord 27:1556-9. 2012..We investigated olfactory defects in fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS), a finding reported on in other neurodegenerative disorders with clinical features that overlap those of FXTAS...
- New clinical findings in the fragile X-associated tremor ataxia syndrome (FXTAS)Jorge L Juncos
Department of Neurology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30032, USA
Neurogenetics 12:123-35. 2011..In both, global cognitive decline appears to track ataxia. Prospective longitudinal studies are needed to validate this proposed evolution of FXTAS and its relevance to future clinical trials design...
- Quetiapine improves psychotic symptoms and cognition in Parkinson's diseaseJorge L Juncos
Neurology Department, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Mov Disord 19:29-35. 2004....
- Neuropsychological findings from older premutation carrier males and their noncarrier siblings from families with fragile X syndromeEmily Graves Allen
Department of Human Genetics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neuropsychology 25:404-11. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the neuropsychological profile among older males with the premutation who are at risk for FXTAS...
- Behavioral therapy to treat urinary incontinence in Parkinson diseaseC P Vaughan
Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, GA 30033, USA
Neurology 76:1631-4. 2011..To assess the feasibility and efficacy of exercise-based behavioral therapy to treat urinary incontinence (UI) in older adults with Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Cognitive and neuropsychiatric effects of subthalamotomy for Parkinson's diseaseScott Bickel
Division of Movement Disorders, Department of Neurology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Frazier Rehab Neuroscience Institute, 220 Abraham Flexner Way, Ste 1503, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 16:535-9. 2010..The results of this proof-of-concept pilot study suggest the need for larger, long-term, randomized controlled studies to assess motor, neuropsychiatric, behavioral and radiologic correlations after subthalamotomies...
- Istradefylline as monotherapy for Parkinson disease: results of the 6002-US-051 trialH H Fernandez
Department of Neurology, University of Florida Movement Disorders Center, PO Box 100236, 100 South Newell Dr, L3 100, Gainesville, FL 32610 0236, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 16:16-20. 2010..6002-US-051 was a 12-week, double-blind study evaluating the safety and efficacy of istradefylline, a selective A(2A) adenosine receptor antagonist, as monotherapy in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Pseudobulbar crying induced by stimulation in the region of the subthalamic nucleusM S Okun
Department of Neurology, University of Florida McKnight Brain Institute, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:921-3. 2004..Clinicians should be aware of this potential complication, the importance of differentiating it from stimulation induced depression, and its response to a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, such as sertraline...
- A pilot study examining the effects of neuromuscular therapy on patients with Parkinson's diseaseAnna Svircev
Atlantas School of Massage and Department of Neurology, Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 105:26. 2005
- Complications of gamma knife surgery for Parkinson diseaseM S Okun
Emory University, Wesley Wood Health Center Building, Third Floor Neurology, 1841 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Arch Neurol 58:1995-2002. 2001..The reported incidence of significant complications varies considerably, and the long-term complication rate remains unknown...
- Aggregation of actin and cofilin in identical twins with juvenile-onset dystoniaMarla Gearing
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Neurol 52:465-76. 2002..Thus, our findings may shed light on a novel neuropathological change associated with dystonia that may represent a new degenerative mechanism involving actin, a ubiquitous constituent of the cytoskeletal system...
- Beneficial effects of testosterone replacement for the nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson diseaseMichael S Okun
Department of Neurology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Arch Neurol 59:1750-3. 2002..To investigate whether a single daily dose of testosterone replacement gel has beneficial effects on testosterone deficiency symptoms, cognitive function, nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson disease (PD), and motor symptoms of PD...
- Gait initiation in older adults with postural instabilityChris J Hass
Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Box 118205, Gainesville, FL 32611 8205, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:743-53. 2008..This study examined changes in the translation of the center of pressure during forward and lateral (90 degrees to the side) gait initiation in two populations of older adults with postural instability...
- Resistance training with creatine monohydrate improves upper-body strength in patients with Parkinson disease: a randomized trialChris J Hass
Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 21:107-15. 2007..Persons with Parkinson disease (PD) exhibit decreased muscular fitness including decreased muscle mass, muscle strength, bioenergetic capabilities and increased fatigability...
- Gait initiation and dynamic balance control in Parkinson's diseaseChris J Hass
Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Teachers College Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:2172-6. 2005....
- Effects of coenzyme Q10 in early Parkinson disease: evidence of slowing of the functional declineClifford W Shults
Department of Neurosciences, Mail Code 0662, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0662, USA
Arch Neurol 59:1541-50. 2002..Parkinson disease (PD) is a degenerative neurological disorder for which no treatment has been shown to slow the progression...
- Controlled pilot study of the effects of neuromuscular therapy in patients with Parkinson's diseaseLauren H Craig
Atlanta School of Massage, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mov Disord 21:2127-33. 2006..The results of this pilot study warrant larger controlled studies to examine dose range, durability, and mechanisms of NMT in PD function...
- Chinese Exercise Modalites in Parkinson's DiseaseJorge Juncos; Fiscal Year: 2003..A better understanding of exercise-induced neural plasticity and motor control would offer a significant, and heretofore unexploited rehabilitative potential in PD. ..