Douglas C Jones
Affiliation: Emory University
- Regulation of cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript mRNA expression by calcium-mediated signaling in GH3 cellsD C Jones
Division of Neuroscience, Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, 945 Gatewood Road, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Neuroscience 160:339-47. 2009..To our knowledge, this is the first study providing evidence that the CART gene is, in part, regulated by Ca(2+)/CaM/CREB-dependent cell signaling...
- The effects of environmental neurotoxicants on the dopaminergic system: A possible role in drug addictionDouglas C Jones
Neuroscience Division, Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, 954 Gatewood Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 76:569-81. 2008....
- Cocaine-amphetamine-regulated transcript expression in the rat nucleus accumbens is regulated by adenylyl cyclase and the cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate/protein kinase a second messenger systemDouglas C Jones
Division of Neuroscience, Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:454-61. 2006..These results suggest that CART expression in vivo in the rat nucleus accumbens is regulated by adenylyl cyclase and cAMP/PKA-mediating signaling and, likely, through the activation of CREB...
- CART receptor binding in primary cell cultures of the rat nucleus accumbensDouglas C Jones
Division of Neuroscience, Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, 954 Gatewood Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Synapse 62:122-7. 2008..This is the first demonstration of CART peptide receptor binding in primary cell cultures of the rat brain...
- Regulation of CART peptide expression by CREB in the rat nucleus accumbens in vivoGEORGE A ROGGE
Division of Neuroscience, Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, Yerkes Primate Center, 954 Gatewood Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Brain Res 1251:42-52. 2009..The finding that CREB can regulate the levels of CART mRNA and peptides in vivo in the NAc supports a role for CART peptides in psychostimulant-induced reward and reinforcement...
- CART peptides as modulators of dopamine and psychostimulants and interactions with the mesolimbic dopaminergic systemGeorge W Hubert
Division of Neuroscience, The Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, 954 Gatewood Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 75:57-62. 2008..A hypothesis is that CART is homeostatic in the accumbens and tends to oppose large increases in dopamine signaling. These actions would therefore be able to regulate the effects of some abused drugs such as the psychostimulants...
- The CART (cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript) system in appetite and drug addictionAleksandra Vicentic
Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:499-506. 2007..Given the enormous public health burden of both obesity and drug addiction, future studies exploring the pharmacotherapies targeting CART peptide represent an exciting and challenging research area...
- The role of CART in the reward/reinforcing properties of psychostimulantsJason N Jaworski
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Peptides 27:1993-2004. 2006..This review discusses the anatomical, pharmacological, and behavioral evidence implicating a role for CART peptide in the rewarding and reinforcing properties of psychostimulants...
- Thioether metabolites of 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine inhibit human serotonin transporter (hSERT) function and simultaneously stimulate dopamine uptake into hSERT-expressing SK-N-MC cellsDouglas C Jones
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:298-306. 2004....
- Cyanide enhancement of dopamine-induced apoptosis in mesencephalic cells involves mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative stressDouglas C Jones
Neurotoxicology Laboratory, Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, 47907 1333, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Neurotoxicology 24:333-42. 2003..Subsequent cytochrome c release activates the caspase effector component of apoptosis. Cyanide potentiates the neurotoxicity of DA by enhancing the generation of ROS and impairing mitochondrial function...
- The metabolism and toxicity of quinones, quinonimines, quinone methides, and quinone-thioethersTerrence J Monks
Center for Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 1074, USA
Curr Drug Metab 3:425-38. 2002..Specific examples will be discussed to illustrate the diverse manner by which quinones interact with biological systems to initiate and propagate a toxic response...
- Regulation of CART Expression in Rat Nucleus AccumbensDouglas Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..