Affiliation: Emory University
- Evaluation of a patient navigation program to promote colorectal cancer screening in rural Georgia, USASally Honeycutt
Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cancer 119:3059-66. 2013..This study evaluated the effectiveness of a patient navigation program that addresses individual and systemic barriers to CRC screening for patients at rural, federally qualified community health centers...
- Research to reality: a process evaluation of a mini-grants program to disseminate evidence-based nutrition programs to rural churches and worksitesSally Honeycutt
Emory Prevention Research Center, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 18:431-9. 2012..To describe a project that used mini-grants plus technical assistance to disseminate evidence-based programs, to understand how the project worked in different settings, and to generate recommendations for future programming and evaluation...
- Training for and dissemination of the Nutrition Environment Measures Surveys (NEMS)Sally Honeycutt
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Rd NE, Rm 569, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A126. 2010..This article describes the dissemination of the measures, including the development, implementation, and evaluation of training workshops, and a follow-up survey of training participants...
- The role of community context in planning and implementing community-based health promotion projectsMichelle C Kegler
Emory Prevention Research Center, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Eval Program Plann 34:246-53. 2011..Results suggest that community context plays a substantive role in shaping how community-based health promotion projects unfold...
- Balancing fidelity and adaptation: implementing evidence-based chronic disease prevention programsMichelle L Carvalho
Emory Prevention Research Center, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:348-56. 2013..To describe adaptations that community-based organizations (CBOs) made to evidence-based chronic disease prevention intervention programs and to discuss reasons for those adaptations...
- How does community context influence coalitions in the formation stage? A multiple case study based on the Community Coalition Action TheoryMichelle C Kegler
Emory Prevention Research Center, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
BMC Public Health 10:90. 2010..Domains are history of collaboration, geography, community demographics and economic conditions, community politics and history, and community norms and values...
- Youth risk behavior surveillance--selected steps communities, 2005Nancy D Brener
Division of Adolescent and School Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 56:1-16. 2007..These behaviors often are established during childhood and adolescence, extend into adulthood, are interrelated, and are preventable...
- Policy, systems, and environmental change in the Mississippi delta: considerations for evaluation designMichelle C Kegler
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Health Educ Behav 42:57S-66S. 2015..Considerations for designing evaluations of community-based PSE initiatives are discussed. ..
- Applying the chronic care model to an employee benefits program: a qualitative inquiryGillian L Schauer
From the Emory Prevention Research Center Ms Schauer, Ms Honeycutt, Ms Hermstad, and Dr Kegler, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga and The Langdale Company Mr Wilson and Ms Barrett, Valdosta, GA
J Occup Environ Med 55:1456-62. 2013..To assess how employee benefits programs may strengthen and/or complement elements of the chronic care model (CCM), a framework used by health systems to improve chronic illness care...