Jason M Hockenberry
Affiliation: Emory University
- The nature of surgeon human capital depreciationJason M Hockenberry
Emory University, United States NBER, United States Electronic address
J Health Econ 37:70-80. 2014..Our estimates imply additional intraprocedural treatment intensity has a cost per life-year preserved of $7871-18,500, well within conventional cost-effectiveness cutoffs. ..
- Cost of readmission: can the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) experience inform national payment policy?Jason M Hockenberry
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation CADRE Center, Iowa City VA Health Care System, Iowa City, IA, USA
Med Care 51:13-9. 2013..Scrutiny of hospital readmissions has led to the development and implementation of policies targeted at reducing readmission rates...
- Healthcare costs around the time of smoking cessationJason M Hockenberry
Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:596-601. 2012..Previous cost difference estimates, which show a spike around the time of cessation, suggest premiums might rise as a result of covering these services...
- Financial payments by orthopedic device makers to orthopedic surgeonsJason M Hockenberry
Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1759-65. 2011..Our objective was to use data made available by a US Department of Justice (DOJ) lawsuit to describe the extent of orthopedic surgeons' financial relationships with implant manufacturers...
- Chiropractic episodes and the co-occurrence of chiropractic and health services use among older Medicare beneficiariesPaula A M Weigel
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 35:168-75. 2012..The purpose of this study was to define and characterize episodes of chiropractic care among older Medicare beneficiaries and to evaluate the extent to which chiropractic services were used in tandem with conventional medicine...
- Factors associated with prolonged observation services stays and the impact of long stays on patient costJason M Hockenberry
Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA Center for Comprehensive Access Delivery Research and Evaluation, Iowa City Veterans Health Care System, Atlanta, GA
Health Serv Res 49:893-909. 2014..e., clinic or emergency department) but do not qualify for admission. Medicare and other private payers seek to limit this care setting to 48 hours...
- Surgeon and hospital volume as quality indicators for CABG in Taiwan: examining hazard to mortality and accounting for unobserved heterogeneityJason M Hockenberry
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa College of Public Health, 200 Hawkins Dr E206, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Health Serv Res 45:1168-87. 2010..To investigate whether provider volume has an impact on the hazard of mortality for coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) patients in Taiwan...
- A longitudinal study of chiropractic use among older adults in the United StatesPaula Weigel
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Chiropr Osteopat 18:34. 2010..abstract:..