Jeremy J Hess
Affiliation: Emory University
- Comparison of emergency department and hospital admissions data for air pollution time-series studiesA Winquist
Department of Environmental Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Environ Health 11:70. 2012....
- A cross-sectional, randomized cluster sample survey of household vulnerability to extreme heat among slum dwellers in ahmedabad, indiaKathy V Tran
Department of Environmental Health, Emory University School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:2515-43. 2013..g., health education) might target specific populations among Ahmedabad urban slum dwellers to reduce vulnerability to extreme heat. Surveillance and evaluations of future interventions may also be worthwhile...
- Fuel use in a large, dynamically deployed emergency medical services systemJeremy J Hess
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 26:394-8. 2011..Petroleum scarcity is an emerging public health concern, particularly for patient transport. Little is known regarding EMS fuel use, potential impacts of scarcity on operations, or strategies to minimize these impacts...
- Integrating climate change adaptation into public health practice: using adaptive management to increase adaptive capacity and build resilienceJeremy J Hess
Climate and Health Program, Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:171-9. 2012..Public health adaptation is imperative, but there has been little discussion of how to increase adaptive capacity and resilience in public health systems...
- Climate change and emergency medicine: impacts and opportunitiesJeremy J Hess
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:782-94. 2009..Climate change thus presents multiple clinical and public health challenges to EM, but also creates numerous opportunities for research, education, and leadership on an emerging health issue of global scope...
- Petroleum and health care: evaluating and managing health care's vulnerability to petroleum supply shiftsJeremy Hess
Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1568-79. 2011....
- Climate change: the importance of placeJeremy J Hess
National Center for Environmental Health, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3717, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:468-78. 2008..In considering the importance of place, we highlight the concepts of community resilience and risk management, key aspects of a robust response to climate change in public health and other sectors...
- Urban form and extreme heat events: are sprawling cities more vulnerable to climate change than compact cities?Brian Stone
School of City and Regional Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1425-8. 2010..In addition, low-density, sprawling patterns of urban development have been associated with enhanced surface temperatures in urbanized areas...