Affiliation: Emory University
- Neuroprotection in acute ischemic strokeA Reza Noorian
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Marcus Stroke and Neuroscience Center, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Neurosurg Sci 55:127-38. 2011..Previous clinical studies have failed to show benefit likely due to poor patient selection, altering time windows that had shown benefit in bench models and failure to link treatments with reperfusion...
- "Picture to puncture": a novel time metric to enhance outcomes in patients transferred for endovascular reperfusion in acute ischemic strokeChung Huan J Sun
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Circulation 127:1139-48. 2013..Efficacy of endovascular treatments, however, may be limited by delays in patient transfer. Our goal was to identify where these delays occurred and to assess the impact of such delays on patient outcome...
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis or stent placement during endovascular treatment for acute ischemic stroke leads to the highest recanalization rate: results of a multicenter retrospective studyRishi Gupta
Emory University School of Medicine, Marcus Stroke and Neuroscience Center, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Neurosurgery 68:1618-22; discussion 1622-3. 2011..Reperfusion therapy for acute ischemic stroke (AIS) is rapidly evolving, with the development of multiple endovascular modalities that can be used alone or in combination...
- A 5-item scale to predict stroke outcome after cortical middle cerebral artery territory infarction: validation from results of the Diffusion and Perfusion Imaging Evaluation for Understanding Stroke Evolution (DEFUSE) StudyNirav A Vora
Department of Neurology, St Louis University, St Louis, MO, USA
Stroke 42:645-9. 2011..The purpose of this study was to combine these parameters into a validated scale for outcome prognostication in patients with a middle cerebral artery territory infarction...
- A systematic review of stenting and angioplasty of symptomatic extracranial vertebral artery stenosisAaron N Stayman
Departments of Neurolog, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Stroke 42:2212-6. 2011..We sought to determine the risk of endovascular treatment for ECVAS with a systematic review of the literature...
- Imaging-based endovascular therapy for acute ischemic stroke due to proximal intracranial anterior circulation occlusion treated beyond 8 hours from time last seen well: retrospective multicenter analysis of 237 consecutive patientsTudor G Jovin
Stroke Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stroke 42:2206-11. 2011..We sought to assess safety, procedural, and clinical outcomes of MRI or CT perfusion imaging-based endovascular therapy in patients with anterior circulation stroke treated beyond 8 hours from time last seen well...
- Trevo versus Merci retrievers for thrombectomy revascularisation of large vessel occlusions in acute ischaemic stroke (TREVO 2): a randomised trialRaul G Nogueira
Department of Neurology, Grady Memorial Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Lancet 380:1231-40. 2012..We compared efficacy and safety of the Trevo Retriever, a new stent-like device, with its US Food and Drug Administration-cleared predecessor, the Merci Retriever...
- Multicenter analysis of stenting in symptomatic intracranial atherosclerosisWei Jian Jiang
Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Beijing, China
Neurosurgery 70:25-30; discussion 31. 2012..Stenting for symptomatic intracranial atherosclerotic disease is a therapeutic option in patients in whom medical therapy fails...