Affiliation: Emory University
- Colorectal cancer screening barriers and facilitators in older personsIdris Guessous
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Prev Med 50:3-10. 2010..This systematic review identifies factors that are most consistently mentioned as either barriers to or facilitators of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening in older persons...
- Low documentation of chronic kidney disease among high-risk patients in a managed care population: a retrospective cohort studyIdris Guessous
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
BMC Nephrol 10:25. 2009..We examined this issue in a Kaiser Permanente Georgia (KPG) CKD cohort...
- Short-term effects of particulate matters on pulse pressure in two general population studiesDai Hua Tsai
aInstitute of Social and Preventive Medicine IUMSP, Lausanne University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne bUnit of Population Epidemiology, Division of Primary Care Medicine, Department of Community Medicine, Primary Care and Emergency Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland cDepartment of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, USA dInstitute for Work and Health IST, Epalinges, Switzerland eIOM Singapore Pte Ltd, Chevron House, Singapore fDepartment of Medicine, Internal Medicine, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Hypertens 33:1144-52. 2015....
- Comparisons of serum vitamin D levels, status, and determinants in populations with and without chronic kidney disease not requiring renal dialysis: a 24-hour urine collection population-based studyIdris Guessous
Unit of Population Epidemiology, Division of Primary Care, Department of Community Medicine, Primary Care and Emergency Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland Community Prevention Unit, University Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia Electronic address
J Ren Nutr 24:303-12. 2014..We compared serum vitamin D levels, vitamin D insufficiency/deficiency status, and vitamin D level determinants in populations without chronic kidney disease (CKD) and with CKD not requiring renal dialysis...
- Prostate cancer screening 2010: updated recommendations from the American Cancer SocietyDurado D Brooks
Cancer Control Science Department, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams St, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:423-9. 2010..Patient decision aids are helpful in preparing men to make a decision whether to be tested, and the use of such aids is encouraged...
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration is inversely associated with serum MMP-9 in a cross-sectional study of African American ESRD patientsHaimanot Wasse
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Nephrol 12:24. 2011..We tested whether 25(OH)D concentration is associated with markers of vascular remodeling and inflammation in African American ESRD patients...