Lisa M Gargano
Affiliation: Emory University
- Development, theoretical framework, and evaluation of a parent and teacher-delivered intervention on adolescent vaccinationLisa M Gargano
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Health Promot Pract 15:556-67. 2014....
- Microbial origins of chronic diseasesLisa M Gargano
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 email
Annu Rev Public Health 35:65-82. 2014..These associations and relationships will impact future research priorities, surveillance approaches, treatment strategies, and prevention programs for chronic diseases. ..
- Predictors of administration and attitudes about pneumococcal, Haemophilus influenzae type b and rotavirus vaccines among pediatricians in India: a national surveyLisa M Gargano
Emory University, School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Vaccine 30:3541-5. 2012..Pediatricians who are members of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) are important stakeholders for vaccine delivery and maintaining public confidence in vaccines...
- Attitudes of pediatricians and primary health center physicians in India concerning routine immunization, barriers to vaccination, and missed opportunities to vaccinateLisa M Gargano
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:e37-42. 2012..We focused on Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, which has faced some of the greatest challenges to achieving high routine immunization coverage...
- Seasonal and 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine uptake, predictors of vaccination, and self-reported barriers to vaccination among secondary school teachers and staffLisa M Gargano
Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Hum Vaccin 7:89-95. 2011..Influenza vaccination is critical to protect both teachers and the students they come into contact with. This study assessed factors associated with seasonal and H1N1 influenza vaccine uptake among middle- and high-school teachers...
- Correlates of 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine acceptance among middle and high school teachers in rural GeorgiaLisa M Gargano
Emory University, 1462 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Sch Health 81:297-303. 2011..The goal of this study was to assess the relationship between attitudes toward H1N1 vaccination and vaccine acceptance among middle and high school teachers in rural Georgia...
- Multicomponent interventions to enhance influenza vaccine delivery to adolescentsLisa M Gargano
School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Pediatrics 128:e1092-9. 2011..To compare school- versus provider-based approaches to improving influenza vaccination coverage among adolescents in rural Georgia...
- Understanding reasons for participating in a school-based influenza vaccination program and decision-making dynamics among adolescents and parentsNatasha L Herbert
Department of Behavioral Science and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Health Educ Res 28:663-72. 2013..Persons running future school-based vaccination clinics may consider hosting an 'information session with a question and answer session' to address parental concerns and assist with the consent process. ..
- Rural parents' vaccination-related attitudes and intention to vaccinate middle and high school children against influenza following educational influenza vaccination interventionJessica M Sales
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA USA
Hum Vaccin 7:1146-52. 2011..This study examined changes in parental influenza vaccination attitudes and intentions after participating in school-based educational influenza vaccination intervention...
- Role for MyD88 signaling in murine gammaherpesvirus 68 latencyLisa M Gargano
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Road, Suite 429, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Virol 82:3853-63. 2008..These data provide evidence for a unique role for MyD88 in the establishment of MHV68 latency...
- Correlates of 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine acceptability among parents and their adolescent childrenJulia E Painter
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, Room 558, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Health Educ Res 26:751-60. 2011..This research highlights the need for interventions that target factors associated with H1N1 influenza vaccine acceptance among both parents and adolescents...
- Pediatricians' perceptions of vaccine effectiveness and safety are significant predictors of vaccine administration in IndiaLisa M Gargano
Emory University, School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Road NE, Room 446, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Int Health 5:205-10. 2013..The goal of this study was to identify perceptions that are associated with administration of four selected vaccines for prevention of Japanese encephalitis (JE), typhoid fever, influenza and human papillomavirus (HPV) infection...
- NF-kappaB p50 plays distinct roles in the establishment and control of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 latencyLaurie T Krug
Emory Vaccine Center, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Road, Suite 429, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Virol 83:4732-48. 2009..Taken together, these data demonstrate that p50 is required for immune control by the host and has distinct tissue-dependent roles in the regulation of murine gammaherpesvirus latency during chronic infection...
- Signaling through Toll-like receptors induces murine gammaherpesvirus 68 reactivation in vivoLisa M Gargano
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 83:1474-82. 2009....