M M Farley
Affiliation: Emory University
- Group B streptococcal disease in nonpregnant adultsM M Farley
Emory University School of Medicine and The Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1670 Clairmont Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:556-61. 2001..The role of antibodies in protection against GBS disease in nonpregnant adults is unresolved. However, the immunogenicity of GBS vaccines being developed for prevention of neonatal disease should be assessed for adults who are at risk...
- 2009 H1N1 influenza: a twenty-first century pandemic with roots in the early twentieth centuryMonica M Farley
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine and the Atlanta VA Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Med Sci 340:202-8. 2010..The 2009 H1N1 pandemic highlights the need for modernization of influenza vaccines, improved diagnostics and more rigorous evaluation of mitigation strategies...
- Clinical outcomes of meningitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae in the era of antibiotic resistanceA E Fiore
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 30:71-7. 2000..Empirical use of vancomycin, current prevalence of drug-resistant S. pneumoniae, and degree of nonsusceptibility to cefotaxime may have influenced these findings...
- The emergence of Streptococcus pneumoniae resistant to macrolide antimicrobial agents: a 6-year population-based assessmentK Gay
Departments of Medicine and of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Infect Dis 182:1417-24. 2000..Dissemination of the mefE determinant accounted for the rapid increase in the rate of macrolide resistance in our S. pneumoniae population...
- Prevalence of blaZ gene types and the inoculum effect with cefazolin among bloodstream isolates of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureusD J Livorsi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:4474-7. 2012..The efficacy of cefazolin in the presence of the inoculum effect requires further study...
- Group B streptococcal disease in the era of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxisS J Schrag
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
N Engl J Med 342:15-20. 2000..To assess the effects of the preventive efforts, we analyzed trends in the incidence of group B streptococcal disease from 1993 to 1998...
- Evaluation of effectiveness of the 23-valent pneumococcal capsular polysaccharide vaccine for HIV-infected patientsR F Breiman
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, MS C 12, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:2633-8. 2000..We conducted a retrospective case-control study to evaluate effectiveness of pneumococcal vaccine against invasive disease among adults with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in San Francisco, Calif, and Atlanta, Ga...
- Clinical outcomes of bacteremic pneumococcal pneumonia in the era of antibiotic resistanceJ F Moroney
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:797-805. 2001..Factors other than resistance, such as severity of illness at presentation and advance directive status ("do not resuscitate" orders), appear to have a stronger influence on pneumococcal pneumonia outcomes...
- Changing characteristics of invasive pneumococcal disease in Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia, after introduction of a 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccineW C Albrich
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:1569-76. 2007..The rate of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) has decreased among both immunized children and nonimmunized adults since the licensure of a heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) for use in infants in the United States in 2000...