Douglas L Falls
Affiliation: Emory University
- Neuregulins: functions, forms, and signaling strategiesDouglas L Falls
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neurology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Exp Cell Res 284:14-30. 2003....
- Neuregulins and the neuromuscular system: 10 years of answers and questionsDouglas L Falls
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Neurocytol 32:619-47. 2003..However, major questions, old and new, remain unanswered; and the second 10 years promises to be at least as exciting as the first...
- Dasm1: a receptor that shapes neuronal dendrites and turns on silent synapses?Douglas L Falls
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Sci STKE 2005:pe10. 2005..This Perspective considers the question of whether Dasm1 is indeed a receptor and the in vivo implications of the reported in vitro effects of Dasm1 on dendrite growth, AMPA receptor distribution, and synapse unsilencing...
- Type III neuregulin-1 promotes oligodendrocyte myelinationCarla Taveggia
Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Glia 56:284-93. 2008..They also indicate that oligodendrocyte myelination, but not differentiation, is promoted by axonal NRG1, underscoring important differences in the control of myelination in the CNS and peripheral nervous system (PNS)...
- Neuregulin-1 type III determines the ensheathment fate of axonsCarla Taveggia
Department of Cell Biology, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Neuron 47:681-94. 2005..These results indicate that levels of NRG1 type III, independent of axon diameter, provide a key instructive signal that determines the ensheathment fate of axons...
- Abnormal spine morphology and enhanced LTP in LIMK-1 knockout miceYanghong Meng
Program in Brain and Behavior, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Neuron 35:121-33. 2002..The knockout mice also showed altered fear responses and spatial learning. These results indicate that LIMK-1 plays a critical role in dendritic spine morphogenesis and brain function...
- Regulation of spine morphology and synaptic function by LIMK and the actin cytoskeletonYanghong Meng
Program in Brain and Behavior, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rev Neurosci 14:233-40. 2003....