Mikhael F El-Chami
Affiliation: Emory University
- Ventricular arrhythmia after cardiac surgery: incidence, predictors, and outcomesMikhael F El-Chami
Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:2664-71. 2012..This study sought to investigate the prevalence, predictors, and outcomes of patients with post-operative ventricular arrhythmia (POVA) in a large cohort of patients...
- Prediction of new onset atrial fibrillation after cardiac revascularization surgeryMikhael F El-Chami
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:649-54. 2012..This risk index can be used clinically to identify patients at high risk for the development of AF...
- New-onset atrial fibrillation predicts long-term mortality after coronary artery bypass graftMikhael F El-Chami
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1370-6. 2010..We sought to investigate the association between new-onset atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) (post-operative atrial fibrillation [POAF]) and long-term mortality in patients with no history of atrial fibrillation...
- Impact of race and gender on cardiac device implantationsMikhael F El-Chami
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:1420-6. 2007..Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) are established therapies for life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias. Biventricular pacemakers (BiVP) can improve heart failure in selected patients as well...
- Esophageal dissection complicating transesophageal echocardiogram--the lesson to be learned: do not force the issueMikhael F El-Chami
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:579.e5-7. 2006..We report a case of esophageal dissection complicating transesophageal echocardiogram in a 52-year-old man who was treated conservatively. Moreover, we review briefly the complications of transesophageal echocardiogram...
- QRS duration is associated with atrial fibrillation in patients with left ventricular dysfunctionMikhael F El-Chami
Division of Cardiology, Section of Electrophysiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Clin Cardiol 33:132-8. 2010..QRSduration (QRSd) is associated with higher mortality and morbidity in patients with left ventricular (LV) dysfunction. The association between QRSd and atrial fibrillation (AF) has not been studied in this patient population...
- Clinical outcomes three years after PLAATO implantationMikhael F El-Chami
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:704-7. 2007..It appears to be protective against stroke in intermediate follow-up studies. Hypothesis: The PLAATO system is protective against stroke and is safe in long-term follow-up...
- Sealing the left atrial appendage: ready for prime time?Mikhael F El-Chami
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Med Sci 333:285-9. 2007..In this article, we describe the current percutaneous left atrial appendage occlusion devices, their safety in recent trials, and their potential role in stroke prevention in AF...
- Application of contrast echocardiography in the evaluation of a right-sided vegetative lesionPaul Anaya
Division of Cardiology, Noninvasive Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365A Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 8:501-3. 2007..We report a case of right-sided endocarditis in which the use of contrast was instrumental to the comprehensive evaluation of the lesion and to subsequent patient management...
- Transthoracic dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients undergoing bariatric surgeryStamatios Lerakis
Division of Cardiology and Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Obes Surg 17:1475-81. 2007..The feasibility and value of transthoracic dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) in patients scheduled for bariatric surgery has not been investigated...
- Blunt cardiac traumaMikhael F El-Chami
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Emerg Med 35:127-33. 2008..On the other hand, transesophageal echocardiogram seems to be more sensitive and specific in trauma patients and should be the test of choice in patients with high clinical suspicion for blunt cardiac trauma...
- The use of echocardiography for the evaluation of dyssynchronyMikhael F El-Chami
Department of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, and Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Med Sci 331:315-9. 2006..Furthermore, it will help predict responders to this therapy, hence decreasing the percentage of nonresponders and allowing a more cost-effective use of this new technology...
- Effect of lipid levels and lipid-lowering therapy on restenosis after coronary artery stentingStamatios Lerakis
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Med Sci 331:270-3. 2006..The purpose of this trial is to determine whether lipid levels relate to restenosis and/or whether statin therapy can prevent or delay the process of restenosis after intracoronary stenting...
- Atrial septal abnormalities and cryptogenic stroke: a paradoxical scienceMikhael F El-Chami
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am Heart Hosp J 3:99-104. 2005....
- Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia ablation in the setting of bilateral femoral vein occlusionCesar Cruz
Section of Electrophysiology, Department of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 36:e97-9. 2013..This approach appears to be a safe alternative in patients with an absence of an inferior venous access...