Affiliation: Emory University
- A randomized, double-blind, controlled trial of the 17D yellow fever virus vaccine given in combination with immune globulin or placebo: comparative viremia and immunogenicitySrilatha Edupuganti
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:172-7. 2013....
- Fusarium falciforme vertebral abscess and osteomyelitis: case report and molecular classificationSrilatha Edupuganti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30030, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:2350-3. 2011..Multilocus DNA sequence-based typing revealed that the infection was caused by a novel three-locus haplotype of Fusarium falciforme designated FSSC 3+4qqq...
- The yellow fever virus vaccine induces a broad and polyfunctional human memory CD8+ T cell responseRama S Akondy
Emory Vaccine Center and the Hope Clinic, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30022, USA
J Immunol 183:7919-30. 2009....
- Pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine induces a recall response in humans that favors broadly cross-reactive memory B cellsGui mei Li
Emory Vaccine Center, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9047-52. 2012..The challenge now is to improve upon this result and design influenza vaccines that can elicit these broadly cross-reactive antibodies at sufficiently high levels to provide heterosubtypic protection...
- Human effector and memory CD8+ T cell responses to smallpox and yellow fever vaccinesJoseph D Miller
Emory Vaccine Center and the Hope Clinic, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Immunity 28:710-22. 2008..These results provide a benchmark for CD8(+) T cell responses induced by two of the most effective vaccines ever developed...
- Broadly cross-reactive antibodies dominate the human B cell response against 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus infectionJens Wrammert
Emory Vaccine Center, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Exp Med 208:181-93. 2011..Antibodies generated potently protected and rescued mice from lethal challenge with pandemic H1N1 or antigenically distinct influenza strains, making them excellent therapeutic candidates...
- Safety and comparative immunogenicity of an HIV-1 DNA vaccine in combination with plasmid interleukin 12 and impact of intramuscular electroporation for deliverySpyros A Kalams
Infectious Diseases Division, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Infect Dis 208:818-29. 2013..DNA vaccines have been very poorly immunogenic in humans but have been an effective priming modality in prime-boost regimens. Methods to increase the immunogenicity of DNA vaccines are needed...
- Strategies to increase responsiveness to hepatitis B vaccination in adults with HIV-1Jennifer A Whitaker
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, The Hope Clinic of the Emory Vaccine Center, Decatur, GA, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 12:966-76. 2012..New vaccination strategies, such as increased vaccine dose, use of the intradermal route, and addition of adjuvants, could improve response rates in adults with HIV...