CARL J D'ORSI
Affiliation: Emory University
- Stereoscopic digital mammography: improved specificity and reduced rate of recall in a prospective clinical trialCARL J D'ORSI
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1701 Upper Gate Dr NE, Suite C1104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Radiology 266:81-8. 2013..To compare stereoscopic digital mammography (DM) with standard DM for the rate of patient recall and the detection of cancer in a screening population at elevated risk for breast cancer...
- BI-RADS decoded: detailed guidance on potentially confusing issuesCARL J D'ORSI
Breast Imaging Center, Department of Radiology, Emory University Hospital, 1365 C Clifton Road, Suite C1104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 45:751-63, v. 2007..A review of these problematic areas, with appropriate guidance, will be presented along with an introduction to the new US and MR imaging lexicons focusing on unique descriptors...
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® on nonpalpable mammographic findings (excluding calcifications)Mary S Newell
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 7:920-30. 2010..The recommendations put forth represent a compilation of evidence-based data and expert opinion of the ACR Appropriateness Criteria(®) Expert Panel on Breast Imaging...
- Dedicated breast computed tomography: the optimal cross-sectional imaging solution?Karen K Lindfors
Department of Radiology, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, 4860 Y Street, Suite 3100, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 48:1043-54. 2010..With a slightly altered design, the DBCT platform may also be useful for external-beam radiation with image guidance...
- Diagnostic accuracy of digital versus film mammography: exploratory analysis of selected population subgroups in DMISTEtta D Pisano
Department of Radiology, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7510, USA
Radiology 246:376-83. 2008....
- Glandular radiation dose in tomosynthesis of the breast using tungsten targetsIoannis Sechopoulos
Department of Radiology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 9:2887. 2008..The surface fit equations and the fit coefficients for RGD(alpha) included in the previous study were also found to be appropriate for the tungsten spectra...
- Monte Carlo and phantom study of the radiation dose to the body from dedicated CT of the breastIoannis Sechopoulos
Department of Radiology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Radiology 247:98-105. 2008..To prospectively determine the radiation dose absorbed by the organs and tissues of the body during a dedicated breast computed tomography (CT) study by using Monte Carlo methods and a phantom...
- Scatter radiation in digital tomosynthesis of the breastIoannis Sechopoulos
Department of Radiology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1701 Uppergate Drive, Suite 5018, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Med Phys 34:564-76. 2007..The presence of the breast support plate and the detector cover plate in the simulations introduced important effects on the SPR, which are also relevant to the scatter content in planar mammography...
- Comparison of soft-copy and hard-copy reading for full-field digital mammographyRobert M Nishikawa
Carl J Vyborny Translation Laboratory for Breast Imaging Research, Department of Radiology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 2026, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Radiology 251:41-9. 2009..To compare radiologists' performance in detecting breast cancer when reading full-field digital mammographic (FFDM) images either displayed on monitors or printed on film...
- The risk for medial arterial calcification in CKDNada Abou Hassan
Renal Division, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:275-9. 2012..Because breast arterial calcification (BAC) is a marker of generalized medial arterial calcification, mammography was used to detect medial arterial calcification in women with different CKD stages...
- Dosimetric characterization of a dedicated breast computed tomography clinical prototypeIoannis Sechopoulos
Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Med Phys 37:4110-20. 2010..To investigate the glandular dose magnitudes and characteristics resulting from image acquisition using a dedicated breast computed tomography (BCT) clinical prototype imaging system...
- Multifunctional nanocarriers for mammographic quantification of tumor dosing and prognosis of breast cancer therapyEfstathios Karathanasis
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Biomaterials 29:4815-22. 2008..Notably, specific tumors that exhibited high uptake of the nanocarrier as visualized by imaging were precisely the animals that responded best to the treatment as quantified by low tumor growth and prolonged survival...
- The ACR BI-RADS experience: learning from historyElizabeth S Burnside
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 3252, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 6:851-60. 2009..The history of this lexicon illustrates a series of challenges and instructive successes that provide a valuable guide for other groups that aspire to develop similar lexicons in the future...
- Radiation dose to organs and tissues from mammography: Monte Carlo and phantom studyIoannis Sechopoulos
Department of Radiology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Radiology 246:434-43. 2008..To prospectively determine the radiation dose to the organs of the body during standard bilateral two-view mammography by using Monte Carlo simulations and a phantom...
- Detection of simulated microcalcifications in a phantom with digital mammography: effect of pixel sizeSankararaman Suryanarayanan
Winship Cancer Institute and Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1701 Uppergate Dr, Bldg C, Suite 5018, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Radiology 244:130-7. 2007..To evaluate the effect of pixel size on the detection of simulated microcalcifications in a phantom with digital mammography...
- Imaging for the diagnosis and management of ductal carcinoma in situCARL J D'ORSI
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging Center, Emory University Hospital, WCI Bldg, 1365 C Clifton Rd, Ste C1104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2010:214-7. 2010..While some DCIS may never progress to invasive disease, at this time, we cannot make that separation. This should be an active area for research...
- Breast arterial calcification: a marker of medial vascular calcification in chronic kidney diseaseValerie Duhn
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:377-82. 2011..We hypothesized that breast arterial calcification (BAC) is exclusively medial and that mammography can serve as a useful marker of generalized medial calcification in CKD and ESKD...
- On the frontline of screening for breast cancerCARL J D'ORSI
Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Semin Oncol 38:119-27. 2011..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and ultrasound added to mammography can improve cancer detection for high-risk women but can have false positive consequences...
- American College of Radiology Imaging Network digital mammographic imaging screening trial: objectives and methodologyEtta D Pisano
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Radiology 236:404-12. 2005....
- Digital mammography: clinical implementation and clinical trialsCARL J D'ORSI
Breast Imaging Center, Emory University Hospital Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Semin Roentgenol 42:236-42. 2007
- Community-based mammography practice: services, charges, and interpretation methodsR Edward Hendrick
Department of Radiology, Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Galter Pavilion, 13th Floor, 251 E Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:433-8. 2005..The purpose of our study was to accurately describe facility characteristics among community-based screening and diagnostic mammography practices in the United States...
- Mammography: will adequate manpower exist?CARL J D'ORSI
Breast Imaging Center, Winship Cancer Institute, Department of Radiology, Emory University Hospital, 1701 Uppergate Drive, Suite C1104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 42:975-8, viii. 2004..The critical question now concerns the current and future availability of those who perform and interpret these life-saving examinations...
- Digital mammographyCARL J D'ORSI
Breast Imaging Center, Emory Health Care Services, 1365B Clifton Road NE, Suite 1300, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 2:124-7. 2002..These problems are actively being addressed and are solvable, eventually allowing digital mammography to assume a "prime time" role...
- Tumor vascular permeability to a nanoprobe correlates to tumor-specific expression levels of angiogenic markersEfstathios Karathanasis
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5843. 2009..In this study, we demonstrate that non-invasive quantification of the degree of tumor vascular permeability to a nanoprobe correlates with the VEGF and its receptor levels and tumor growth...
- Radiation necrosis of the breast leading to mastectomySamer Cabbabe
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Breast J 13:530-1. 2007