Andrea T Deyrup
Affiliation: Emory University
- Sporadic cutaneous angiosarcomas: a proposal for risk stratification based on 69 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:72-7. 2008..These features seem to diminish in importance with increased tumor size and are probably most useful in tumors less than 5 cm in maximum dimension...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated epithelial and mesenchymal neoplasmsAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Hum Pathol 39:473-83. 2008..This review will focus on EBV-associated epithelial and mesenchymal neoplasms...
- Aggressive (epithelioid) osteoblastoma arising in soft tissueAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 16:308-10. 2008..This report describes an aggressive (epithelioid) osteoblastoma arising in a focus of heterotopic ossification in the axilla of a 21-year-old man...
- Sarcomas arising in Paget disease of bone: a clinicopathologic analysis of 70 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University, 1364 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:942-6. 2007..Prognosis in patients with other types of sarcomas arising in bone has improved in the last several decades because of therapeutic advances. However, because of the rarity of Paget sarcoma, outcome studies in these patients are limited...
- Epithelioid and epithelial neoplasms of boneAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:205-16. 2007..Epithelioid and epithelial neoplasms seen in bone are rare and include epithelioid variants of vascular lesions, osteoblastoma, osteosarcoma, chordoma, and chondroblastoma as well as adamantinoma and metastatic carcinoma...
- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of soft tissue: a proposal for risk stratification based on 49 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:924-7. 2008..0002). Patients with high-risk tumors had a 5-year disease-specific survival of 59%; no patients with low-risk tumors died. In conclusion, we report that EHE can be stratified into 2 risk groups with markedly different clinical courses...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumors are distinctive mesenchymal tumors reflecting multiple infection events: a clinicopathologic and molecular analysis of 29 tumors from 19 patientsAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, 1364 Clifron Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30307, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:75-82. 2006..EBV-2 can transform smooth muscle cells, independent of the presence of the LMP1 deletion associated with greater virulence...
- Angiosarcomas arising in the viscera and soft tissue of children and young adults: a clinicopathologic study of 15 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:264-9. 2009..Although extremely rare, angiosarcomas do affect children and young adults and this diagnosis should be considered in atypical vascular tumors occurring in the mediastinum and those with brisk mitotic activity and/or necrosis...
- Anatomic tumor location influences the success of contemporary limb-sparing surgery and radiation among adults with soft tissue sarcomas of the extremitiesMariam P Korah
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:933-9. 2012..To examine the influence of anatomic location in the upper extremity (UE) vs. lower extremity (LE) on the presentation and outcomes of adult soft tissue sarcomas (STS)...
- Estrogen receptor-beta expression in extraabdominal fibromatoses: an analysis of 40 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cancer 106:208-13. 2006..Early experiments using ligand-binding assays demonstrated the presence of estrogen receptor (ER) in fibromatoses. These findings were not confirmed by later studies using immunohistochemical analysis...
- Paraganglioma-like dermal melanocytic tumor: a unique entity distinct from cellular blue nevus, clear cell sarcoma, and cutaneous melanomaAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1579-86. 2004..PDMT comprises a clinically and pathologically unique subtype of dermal melanocytic tumors. Our study suggests a benign course, although a lesion of low malignant potential cannot be excluded...
- Fibrosarcoma-like lipomatous neoplasm: a reappraisal of so-called spindle cell liposarcoma defining a unique lipomatous tumor unrelated to other liposarcomasAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville, Greenville, SC Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA Department of Pathology and INSERM U916 Institut Bergonié Laboratory of Pathology, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Surg Pathol 37:1373-8. 2013....
- Atypical vascular lesions after surgery and radiation of the breast: a clinicopathologic study of 32 cases analyzing histologic heterogeneity and association with angiosarcomaKurt T Patton
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:943-50. 2008..In the 2 patients who developed angiosarcoma, morphologic evidence suggested AVLs to be a precursor rather than simply a risk factor. Future outcome and management studies should take into account these differences...
- Myoid differentiation and prognosis in adult pleomorphic sarcomas of the extremity: an analysis of 92 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cancer 98:805-13. 2003..The results of a recent study demonstrated an association between myoid differentiation and an adverse prognosis in adult patients with pleomorphic sarcoma, as determined by 5-year metastasis-free survival rates...
- Estrogen receptor beta expression in vascular neoplasia: an analysis of 53 benign and malignant casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1372-7. 2004..Although ER beta may be of limited diagnostic use in vascular neoplasia due to its broad expression, the potential exists for a therapeutic approach using ER agonists...
- Increased expression of S100A6 is associated with decreased metastasis and inhibition of cell migration and anchorage independent growth in human osteosarcomaHue H Luu
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cancer Lett 229:135-48. 2005..Our findings provide evidence that, while S100A6 is commonly overexpressed in human osteosarcoma, loss of its expression correlates with a metastatic phenotype...