Genomes and Genes
Timothy L Denning
Affiliation: Emory University
- Functional specializations of intestinal dendritic cell and macrophage subsets that control Th17 and regulatory T cell responses are dependent on the T cell/APC ratio, source of mouse strain, and regional localizationTimothy L Denning
Vaccine Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Immunol 187:733-47. 2011..Thus, the functional specializations of APC subsets in the intestine are dependent on the T cell/APC ratio, regional localization, and source of the mouse strain...
- Compromised intestinal epithelial barrier induces adaptive immune compensation that protects from colitisManirath Khounlotham
Epithelial Pathobiology and Mucosal Inflammation Research Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Immunity 37:563-73. 2012..These data establish a role for adaptive immune-mediated protection from acute colitis under conditions of intestinal epithelial barrier compromise...
- CX3CR1 regulates intestinal macrophage homeostasis, bacterial translocation, and colitogenic Th17 responses in miceOscar Medina-Contreras
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4787-95. 2011..Our data thus suggest key roles for the CX3CR1/CX3CL1 axis in the intestinal mucosa; further clarification of CX3CR1 function will likely direct efforts toward therapeutic intervention for mucosal inflammatory disorders such as IBD...
- Hepatic stellate cells preferentially induce Foxp3+ regulatory T cells by production of retinoic acidRichard M Dunham
Division of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 190:2009-16. 2013..Thus, we conclude that HSCs preferentially generate Foxp3(+) Tregs and, therefore, may play a role in the tolerogenic nature of the liver...
- Toll-like receptor 2-dependent induction of vitamin A-metabolizing enzymes in dendritic cells promotes T regulatory responses and inhibits autoimmunitySanthakumar Manicassamy
Emory Vaccine Center, and Yerkes National Primate Research Center, 954 Gatewood Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Nat Med 15:401-9. 2009..These data define a new mechanism for the systemic induction of retinoic acid and immune suppression against autoimmunity...
- Lamina propria macrophages and dendritic cells differentially induce regulatory and interleukin 17-producing T cell responsesTimothy L Denning
Vaccine Research Center and Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Nat Immunol 8:1086-94. 2007..This IL-17 production was suppressed by lamina propria macrophages, indicating that a dynamic interaction between these subsets may influence the balance between immune activation and tolerance...
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG) regulates IL-10 signaling in the developing murine colon through upregulation of the IL-10R2 receptor subunitJulie Mirpuri
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e51955. 2012..Furthermore, LGG-dependent increases in IL-10R2 were associated with reductions in TNF-α, MIP-2 and disease severity in a murine model of intestinal injury in the immature colon...
- ERK1-/- mice exhibit Th1 cell polarization and increased susceptibility to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisAnshu Agrawal
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Pathology, 954 Gatewood Road, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Immunol 176:5788-96. 2006..Taken together, our data suggest that deficiency of ERK1 biases the immune response toward Th1 resulting in increased susceptibility to EAE...
- The role of the vascular dendritic cell network in atherosclerosisNoah Alberts-Grill
Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 305:C1-21. 2013..We further provide suggestions for distinguishing DCs from macrophages and discuss important future directions for the field. ..
- The Wnt antagonist Dkk1 regulates intestinal epithelial homeostasis and wound repairStefan Koch
Epithelial Pathobiology Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Gastroenterology 141:259-68, 268.e1-8. 2011..We investigated whether inhibition of Dkk1 affects the morphology and function of the adult intestine...
- Division of labor, plasticity, and crosstalk between dendritic cell subsetsBali Pulendran
Emory Vaccine Center, 954 Gatewood Road, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 20:61-7. 2008..Here we review the recent advances in this area...
- Yeast zymosan, a stimulus for TLR2 and dectin-1, induces regulatory antigen-presenting cells and immunological toleranceStephanie Dillon
Emory Vaccine Research Center and Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
J Clin Invest 116:916-28. 2006..These data suggest several targets for pharmacological modulation of immune responses in various clinical settings...