Jared A DeFife
Affiliation: Emory University
- Validity of prototype diagnosis for mood and anxiety disordersJared A DeFife
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
JAMA Psychiatry 70:140-8. 2013....
- Psychotherapy appointment no-shows: rates and reasonsJared A DeFife
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 47:413-7. 2010..Patients missed their psychotherapy appointments for a number of reasons, including clinical symptoms, practical matters, motivational concerns, and negative treatment reactions...
- Agreement between clinician and patient ratings of adaptive functioning and developmental historyJared A DeFife
Department of Psychiatry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:1472-8. 2010....
- An empirically derived taxonomy for personality diagnosis: bridging science and practice in conceptualizing personalityDrew Westen
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:273-84. 2012..The authors describe a system for diagnosing personality pathology that is empirically derived, clinically relevant, and practical for day-to-day use...
- Attachment, social cognition, and posttraumatic stress symptoms in a traumatized, urban population: evidence for the mediating role of object relationsKile M Ortigo
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Trauma Stress 26:361-8. 2013..136-.160). These data have theoretical, clinical, and research implications for understanding how particular aspects of attachment, specifically its effects on object relations, may protect against or predispose one to develop PTSD...
- Emotion dysregulation and negative affect: association with psychiatric symptomsBekh Bradley
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, and Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:685-91. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the construct and incremental validity of self-reported emotion dysregulation over and above childhood trauma and negative affect in predicting a range of psychopathology...
- Assessment of clinical information: Comparison of the validity of a Structured Clinical Interview (the SCID) and the Clinical Diagnostic InterviewRebecca Drill
Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA School of Psychology, Interdisciplinary Center, IDC, Herzliya, Israel Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine and Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
J Nerv Ment Dis 203:459-62. 2015..By incorporating clinicians' everyday methods, CDIs yield information that is psychometrically sound for empirical investigation, diagnostically practical, and clinically meaningful and valid...
- Identity disturbance in adolescence: associations with borderline personality disorderDrew Westen
Department of Psychology and Psychiatry, Emory University, 36 Eagle Row, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Psychopathol 23:305-13. 2011..As such, identity disturbance can be a manifestation of psychopathology above and beyond the typical Sturm und Drang (storm and stress) of adolescence...
- The effects of sertraline on psychopathic traitsBoadie W Dunlop
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30306, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 26:329-37. 2011..Antidepressants reduce other, more maladaptive, traits associated with psychopathy, including dysregulated impulsivity and externalization...