Conrad R Cole
Affiliation: Emory University
- Impact of liver transplantation on HRQOL in children less than 5 years oldConrad R Cole
Pediatric Liver Care Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:222-7. 2004..Functional health scores were higher in patients with normal serum bilirubin at 1 yr post-transplant. Assessment of HRQOL should be an integral part of care for liver transplant patients and their caregivers...
- Small bowel bacterial overgrowth: a negative factor in gut adaptation in pediatric SBSConrad R Cole
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, 2015 Uppergate Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 9:456-62. 2007..Management of this disorder is still poorly understood and should be evaluated adequately. This review addresses the current understanding of bacteria in the intestines and issues related to bacterial overgrowth in pediatric SBS...
- Very low birth weight preterm infants with surgical short bowel syndrome: incidence, morbidity and mortality, and growth outcomes at 18 to 22 monthsConrad R Cole
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, 2015 Uppergate Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatrics 122:e573-82. 2008....
- Outcomes after liver transplantation: keep the end in mindJohn C Bucuvalas
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Pediatric Liver Care Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:S41-8. 2006..Together, these projects set the future course for research and care improvement initiatives in this population and encourage us to "keep the end in mind" when considering pediatric liver transplantation...
- Outcome after pediatric liver transplantation impact of living donor transplantation on costConrad R Cole
Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Pediatr 144:729-35. 2004..To compare the direct health care cost of living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) with that of cadaver donor liver transplantation (CDLT) in children and identify predictors of cost...
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D status of healthy, low-income, minority children in Atlanta, GeorgiaConrad R Cole
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, 2015 Uppergate Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatrics 125:633-9. 2010....
- Comparison of indicators of iron deficiency in Kenyan childrenFrederick K E Grant
Nutrition and Health Sciences program of Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 95:1231-7. 2012..However, the choice of an appropriate single iron biomarker to replace the multiple-criteria model for screening for ID at the population level continues to be debated...
- The rate of bloodstream infection is high in infants with short bowel syndrome: relationship with small bowel bacterial overgrowth, enteral feeding, and inflammatory and immune responsesConrad R Cole
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Pediatr 156:941-7, 947.e1. 2010....
- Small bowel bacterial overgrowth in adults: a potential contributor to intestinal failureThomas R Ziegler
Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical and Molecular Nutrition, Suite GG 23, General Clinical Research Center, Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 9:463-7. 2007..Physicians commonly prescribe a variety of oral antibiotic regimens for documented or presumed SBBO. Additional research is needed to define the epidemiology, optimal diagnostic test(s), and therapeutic regimens for this condition...
- Food group intake patterns and nutrient intake vary across low-income Hispanic and African American preschool children in Atlanta: a cross sectional studyDeborah Salvo
ACTSI, General Clinical Research Center, Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Road, Suite GG 23, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Nutr J 11:62. 2012..The aim of this study was to perform a food group intake analysis of low income minority preschool children and evaluate how macronutrient and micronutrient intake compares to Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI)...
- Characterization of posthospital bloodstream infections in children requiring home parenteral nutritionAminu Mohammed
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 35:581-7. 2011..Objective: To determine the incidence and characteristics of CA-BSI in children receiving HPN...
- A novel approach to managing variation: outpatient therapeutic monitoring of calcineurin inhibitor blood levels in liver transplant recipientsJohn C Bucuvalas
Pediatric Liver Care Center, Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Pediatr 146:744-50. 2005..The rate of allograft rejection did not change. CONCLUSIONS: Utilization of SPC increased the proportion of CNI blood levels in target range. These observations may be applicable to the care of other chronic healthcare problems...
- Anemia and Helicobacter pylori seroreactivity in a rural Haitian populationJoshua R Shak
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:913-8. 2011..4, 95% CI = 0.2-0.9). Anemia prevalence in this region of Haiti is very high and not attributable to sanitary conditions or a high prevalence of H. pylori infection...
- Bloodstream infections in very low birth weight infants with intestinal failureConrad R Cole
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr 160:54-9.e2. 2012..To examine pathogens and other characteristics associated with late-onset bloodstream infections (BSIs) in infants with intestinal failure (IF) as a consequence of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Correcting for inflammation changes estimates of iron deficiency among rural Kenyan preschool childrenFrederick K E Grant
Nutrition and Health Sciences Program, Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Nutr 142:105-11. 2012..r = 0.20; P < 0.001, before and after adjustment, respectively). Although the use of CF to adjust for inflammation appears indicated, further work is needed to confirm that this approach improves the accuracy of assessment of ID...
- Copper supplementation in parenteral nutrition of cholestatic infantsJuliana Frem
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:650-4. 2010....
- Diverse roles of leptin in the gastrointestinal tract: modulation of motility, absorption, growth, and inflammationShadi S Yarandi
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Nutrition 27:269-75. 2011..Recently, the stomach has been identified as an important source of leptin and growing evidence has shown diverse functions for leptin in the gastrointestinal tract...
- Zinc and iron deficiency and their interrelations in low-income African American and Hispanic children in AtlantaConrad R Cole
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1027-34. 2010..Information about the zinc status of low-income minority children in the United States is lacking...
- Reflux masquerader: acute Helicobacter pylori infection in neonates and infantsJuliana C Frem
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:589-92. 2008
- Zinc nutrition and growth retardationConrad R Cole
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta GA
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 5:889-96. 2008..The USDA food guide is a simple guideline which should serve the needs of pediatric endocrinologists when evaluating the quality of the dietary intake of a short child and to provide guidelines for food intake to the patients...