Affiliation: Emory University
- Energetic metabolism in mouse cerebral cortex during chronic hypoxiaR Caceda
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Neurosci Lett 301:171-4. 2001..This suggested that the metabolic demand would be satisfied despite the respiratory chain depression (cytochrome oxidase), probably due to anaerobic energy production within the mitochondria (succinate dehydrogenase)...
- Neurotensin: role in psychiatric and neurological diseasesRicardo Caceda
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Suite 4000 WMRB, 101 Woodruff Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322 4990, USA
Peptides 27:2385-404. 2006..NT receptors have been suggested to be novel targets for the treatment of psychoses or drug addiction...
- Do neurotensin receptor agonists represent a novel class of antipsychotic drugs?Ricardo Caceda
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Semin Clin Neuropsychiatry 8:94-108. 2003..For these reasons, drugs that directly modify the activity of NT systems, particularly NT receptor agonists, could plausibly represent a novel class of APDs...
- Virally mediated increased neurotensin 1 receptor in the nucleus accumbens decreases behavioral effects of mesolimbic system activationRicardo Caceda
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosci 25:11748-56. 2005..In addition, the NT1 receptor vector might be a valuable tool for understanding the mechanism of action of antipsychotic drugs and drugs of abuse and may have potential therapeutic applications...
- The role of endogenous neurotensin in psychostimulant-induced disruption of prepulse inhibition and locomotionRicardo Caceda
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Suite 4000 WMB, 101 Woodruff Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Schizophr Res 136:88-95. 2012..Further characterization of the NT system may be valuable to find clinical useful compounds for schizophrenia and drug addiction...
- Involvement of neuropeptide systems in schizophrenia: human studiesRicardo Caceda
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 78:327-76. 2007..Clearly, additional investigation into the role of neuropeptide systems in the etiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of schizophrenia is warranted...