Affiliation: Emory University
- Inpatient surgical treatment patterns for patients with uterine fibroids in the United States, 1998-2002Edmund R Becker
Rollins School of Public Health, Room 630, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:1336-42. 2005..To analyze the impact of patient and organizational characteristics on surgical treatment patterns for patients with uterine fibroids...
- Disparities in race/ethnicity and gender in in-hospital mortality rates for coronary artery bypass surgery patientsEdmund R Becker
Department of Health Policy and Management, Emory School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1729-39. 2006..This study, analyzing five years of national data for 1.2 million CABG admissions, examines trends in in-hospital CABG mortality rates for gender and four racial/ethnic categories for CABG patients...
- Influence of source and type of admission on in-hospital mortality for coronary artery bypass surgery patients: national results from 1.7 million CABG patients, 1998 to 2002Edmund R Becker
Department of Health Policy and Management, Emory School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Card Surg 22:203-10. 2007..No research has analyzed the importance of these admission characteristics on CABG outcomes...
- Translating primary care practice climate into patient activation: the role of patient trust in physicianEdmund R Becker
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30345, USA
Med Care 46:795-805. 2008..Little is known about processes by which proactive primary care teams might activate their patients. We examine the role of trust in patient-physician relationships for translating practice teamwork into patient activation...
- Impact of Health Promotion Programs on MCO Family HealthEdmund Becker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 3: Develop recommendations to better integrate primary practice teams with traditional work site wellness programs and health education programs that provide health promotion services to employees and their families ..