J L Arbiser
Affiliation: Emory University
- Arbiser J, Kraeft S, van Leeuwen R, Hurwitz S, Selig M, Dickersin G, et al. Clioquinol-zinc chelate: a candidate causative agent of subacute myelo-optic neuropathy. Mol Med. 1998;4:665-70 pubmed..Since clioquinol has been shown to cause increased systemic absorption of zinc in humans, it is likely that clioquinol-zinc chelate was present in appreciable levels in patients with SMON and may be the ultimate causative toxin of SMON. ..
- Arbiser J, Bonner M. Seborrheic Keratoses: The Rodney Dangerfield of Skin lesions, and Why They Should Get Our Respect. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:564-566 pubmed publisher..The presence of wild type p53 (seborrheic keratosis) or mutant p53 (cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma) appears to dictate whether a lesion is sensitive to Akt inhibition or not. ..
- Mędra A, Witkowska M, Majchrzak A, Cebula Obrzut B, Bonner M, Robak T, et al. Pro-Apoptotic Activity of New Honokiol/Triphenylmethane Analogues in B-Cell Lymphoid Malignancies. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, some of the HAs are potent tumor-selective inducers of apoptosis in ex vivo CLL and in BL, DLBCL and MM cells in vitro. Further preclinical studies of these agents are recommended. ..
- Arbiser J, Gilbert L. Double Jeopardy: The Rubber Ball Bounces Twice. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:15-17 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the remaining normal allele is required for the phenotype. Second, it suggests therapeutic approaches to treatment signal transduction inhibition. ..
- Costa A, Bonner M, Arbiser J. Use of Polyphenolic Compounds in Dermatologic Oncology. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2016;17:369-85 pubmed publisher..This review evaluates the existing scientific literature in order to provide support for new research opportunities using polyphenolic compounds in oncodermatology. ..
- Arbiser J, Bonner M, Berrios R. Hemangiomas, angiosarcomas, and vascular malformations represent the signaling abnormalities of pathogenic angiogenesis. Curr Mol Med. 2009;9:929-34 pubmed..I hypothesize that hemangiomas, angiosarcomas, and vascular malformations represent the extremes of signaling abnormalities seen in pathogenic angiogenesis. ..
- Arbiser J, Petros J, Klafter R, Govindajaran B, McLaughlin E, Brown L, et al. Reactive oxygen generated by Nox1 triggers the angiogenic switch. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:715-20 pubmed..Nox1 induction of VEGF is eliminated by coexpression of catalase, indicating that hydrogen peroxide signals part of the switch to the angiogenic phenotype. ..
- Arbiser J, Nowak R, Michaels K, Skabytska Y, Biedermann T, Lewis M, et al. Evidence for biochemical barrier restoration: Topical solenopsin analogs improve inflammation and acanthosis in the KC-Tie2 mouse model of psoriasis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11198 pubmed publisher..Finally, they stimulated interleukin (IL)-12 production in skin dendritic cells. Thus suggesting barrier restoration has both a biochemical and physical component, and both are necessary for optimal barrier restoration. ..