David E Watson
Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- Mutations associated with base excision repair deficiency and methylation-induced genotoxic stressRobert W Sobol
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6860-5. 2002..These results illustrate that BER plays a role in protecting mouse embryonic fibroblast cells against methylation-induced mutations and characterize the effect of a particular combination of BER gene defect and environmental exposure...
- Genotyping with TaqMAMABaohui Li
Department of Lead Optimization Toxicology, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, 2001 West Main Street, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Genomics 83:311-20. 2004..TaqMAMA genotyping assays require minimal development time, have a high probability of success, produce reliable data that are straightforward to analyze, and are very cost-competitive...
- Comparison of gene expression changes induced in mouse and human cells treated with direct-acting mutagensMohammed Islaih
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Research Laboratories, Greenfield, Indiana 46140, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:401-19. 2004..Bleomycin exerted comparable cytotoxic effects in the two cell lines. Overall, these studies were unable to identify distinctive gene expression changes that differentiated bleomycin from MMS in either TK6 cells or mouse lymphoma cells...
- TaqMan applications in genetic and molecular toxicologyDavid E Watson
Investigative Toxicology, Toxicology and Drug Disposition, A Division ofEli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, Indiana 46140, USA
Int J Toxicol 24:139-45. 2005..In addition to presenting these applications, the authors discuss some of the challenges of integrating TaqMan and other new technologies into the drug development process...
- Relationships between genomic, cell cycle, and mutagenic responses of TK6 cells exposed to DNA damaging chemicalsMohammed Islaih
Investigative Toxicology, Toxicology and Drug Disposition, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, P O Box 708, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Mutat Res 578:100-16. 2005..In contrast, the most mutagenic compounds caused fewer and less robust changes in global gene expression. There was therefore an inverse relationship between global gene expression and mutagenic potency...
- Quantification of heart fatty acid binding protein as a biomarker for drug-induced cardiac and musculoskeletal necrosesEugene Y Zhen
Integrative Biology, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, IN, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 1:661-71. 2007..Fabp3 can be used as a biomarker for both cardiac and skeletal necroses. The cross-validation of the LC-SRM method with an existing ELISA method is described...
- Qualification of cardiac troponin I concentration in mouse serum using isoproterenol and implementation in pharmacology studies to accelerate drug developmentSteven K Engle
Lilly Research Laboratories, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Toxicol Pathol 37:617-28. 2009....
- Strategic use of immunoprecipitation and LC/MS/MS for trace-level protein quantification: myosin light chain 1, a biomarker of cardiac necrosisMichael J Berna
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, Indiana 46140, USA
Anal Chem 79:4199-205. 2007....
- Electrochemiluminescent immunoassay for rat skeletal troponin I (Tnni2) in serumDeqin Sun
Investigative Toxicology, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 61:52-8. 2010..Skeletal muscle troponin I (sTnI) has been identified as a potential marker of skeletal muscle injury in humans and animals. When skeletal muscle tissue is injured, sTnI is released into circulation...
- Fabp3 as a biomarker of skeletal muscle toxicity in the rat: comparison with conventional biomarkersMichael L Pritt
Investigative Toxicology, Lilly Research Laboratories, Greenfield, Indiana 46140, USA
Toxicol Sci 103:382-96. 2008..In addition, the combination of Fabp3 and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) had greater diagnostic value than the conventional combination of creatine kinase-MM isoenzyme (CK) and AST...