R N Tamura
Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- An examination of the efficiency of the sequential parallel design in psychiatric clinical trialsRoy N Tamura
Lilly Corporate Center, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Clin Trials 4:309-17. 2007..Because of this high failure rate, a novel clinical trial design has been proposed which incorporates a second phase in which non-responders to placebo are randomly reassigned to drug or placebo...
- Estimation of treatment effect for the sequential parallel designRoy N Tamura
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Stat Med 30:3496-506. 2011..The potential gains appear to be greatest in moderate-sized trials, which would typically be the case in phase II trials...
- Comparing time to onset of response in antidepressant clinical trials using the cure model and the Cramer-von Mises testR N Tamura
Lilly Research Laboratories, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Stat Med 19:2169-84. 2000..Results of the simulation study suggest that for common designs and sample sizes used in such trials, the statistic has reasonable size and power properties as long as censoring is moderate...
- Outcome assessment and clinical improvement in panic disorder: evidence from a randomized controlled trial of fluoxetine and placebo. The Fluoxetine Panic Disorder Study GroupD Michelson
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:1570-7. 1998..The authors studied the efficacy of fluoxetine treatment in panic disorder and measured the relative contributions of changes in symptoms to overall improvement...
- Score tests for dose effect in the presence of non-respondersXiaohui Luo
Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 8203, USA
Stat Med 23:3581-91. 2004..Extensive simulations establish the power properties of the tests and show that our proposed score test has the best performance. The approach is illustrated by a multi-country clinical trial of rapid acting Intramuscular Olanzapine...