Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- Antidepressants for the new millenniumP Skolnick
Neuroscience Discovery, Eli Lilly, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 375:31-40. 1999..The pathways leading to this convergence provide a rudimentary framework for discovering novel antidepressants...
- Polyamine-like actions of aminoglycosides at recombinant N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsS C Harvey
Lilly Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Discovery, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 291:285-91. 1999..No direct relationships emerged between the effect of an aminoglycoside at a specific NMDA receptor subtype and the ototoxicity of these antibiotics...
- Antidepressant-like actions of an AMPA receptor potentiator (LY392098)X Li
Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN 46285 0510, USA
Neuropharmacology 40:1028-33. 2001..These findings indicate that biarylpropylsulfonamides, exemplified by LY392098, may represent a novel class of antidepressants...
- The antibacterial and NMDA receptor activating properties of aminoglycosides are dissociableS C Harvey
Lilly Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Discovery, Eli Lilly and Company Corporate Center, Bldg 48, Drop Code 0510, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 387:1-7. 2000..These findings indicate that it may be possible to develop an aminoglycoside antibiotic with reduced potential for ototoxicity...
- Regulation of BDNF expression in primary neuron culture by LY392098, a novel AMPA receptor potentiatorB Legutko
Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Research Laboratories, Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 40:1019-27. 2001..The ability of LY392098 to increase the expression of BDNF in primary neuron culture indicates this and related biarylpropylsulfonamides may be useful in the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Spermine-induced toxicity in cerebellar granule neurons is independent of its actions at NMDA receptorsJ A Segal
Lilly Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Discovery, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285 0510, USA
J Neurochem 74:60-9. 2000..Thus, in CGNs, spermine-induced toxicity does not occur by its modulation of NMDA receptors, although, under some circumstances, NMDA receptor activation can modulate spermine-induced toxicity...
- A single amino acid residue on the alpha(5) subunit (Ile215) is essential for ligand selectivity at alpha(5)beta(3)gamma(2) gamma-aminobutyric acid(A) receptorsM I Strakhova
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Mol Pharmacol 58:1434-40. 2000..The data demonstrate that amino acid residue alpha(5)215 is a determinant of both ligand affinity and efficacy at GABA(A) receptors containing an alpha(5) subunit...
- Current perspectives on the development of non-biogenic amine-based antidepressantsP Skolnick
Neuroscience Discovery, Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Corporate Center, DC 0510, Indianapolis, IN 46285 0510, USA
Pharmacol Res 43:411-23. 2001..Drugs emerging from these strategies may offer significant advantages over currently used antidepressants...