Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- Effect of pioglitazone compared with metformin on glycemic control and indicators of insulin sensitivity in recently diagnosed patients with type 2 diabetesImre Pavo
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46201, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1637-45. 2003....
- Increases in BMD correlate with improvements in bone microarchitecture with teriparatide treatment in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisPeiqi Chen
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1173-80. 2007..Therefore, improvements in trabecular bone microarchitecture may be one of the mechanisms to explain how BMD increases improve bone strength during teriparatide treatment...
- Raloxifene does not affect insulin sensitivity or glycemic control in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized clinical trialBjorn Andersson
University of Goteborg, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:122-8. 2002....
- Associations between baseline risk factors and vertebral fracture risk in the Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE) StudyOlof Johnell
Department of Orthopaedics, , Malm, Sweden
J Bone Miner Res 19:764-72. 2004..006) and lower LS BMD values (p = 0.008) at baseline. These data suggest that the efficacy of raloxifene in reducing vertebral fractures is largely independent of the presence of clinical risk factors for osteoporotic fractures...
- Differential effects of teriparatide on BMD after treatment with raloxifene or alendronateBruce Ettinger
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Oakland, California, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:745-51. 2004..Conversely, previous alendronate treatment reduced the bone marker and BMD response...
- Effect of raloxifene on the risk of new vertebral fracture in postmenopausal women with osteopenia or osteoporosis: a reanalysis of the Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation trialJohn A Kanis
WHO Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Bone 33:293-300. 2003....
- Effect of raloxifene combined with monofluorophosphate as compared with monofluorophosphate alone in postmenopausal women with low bone mass: a randomized, controlled trialJean Yves Reginster
Bone and Cartilage Metabolism Research Unit, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 14:741-9. 2003....
- Raloxifene treatment is associated with increased serum estradiol and decreased bone remodeling in healthy middle-aged men with low sex hormone levelsBrigitte Uebelhart
Service of Bone Diseases WHO Collaborating Center for Osteoporosis Prevention, Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, University Hospital, Geneva 14 CH 1211, Switzerland
J Bone Miner Res 19:1518-24. 2004..In healthy middle-aged men, raloxifene treatment was associated with increased serum estradiol and decreased biochemical markers of bone turnover in subjects with estradiol levels below a threshold of 101.8 pM...
- Early changes in biochemical markers of bone formation correlate with improvements in bone structure during teriparatide therapyHarald Dobnig
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Medical University, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8036 Graz, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3970-7. 2005..Biochemical markers of bone turnover may reflect bone structure during anabolic treatment...
- Comparing raloxifene with continuous combined estrogen-progestin therapy in postmenopausal women: Review of Euralox 1Patrick Neven
Department of Gynaecological Oncology and Multidisciplinary Breast Centre, UZ Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Maturitas 52:87-101. 2005....
- The effect of raloxifene after discontinuation of long-term alendronate treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosisDana Michalska
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Charles University, Faculty of Medicine, U Nemocnice 1, 128 00 Prague, Czech Republic
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:870-7. 2006....
- Mood effect of raloxifene in postmenopausal womenNatalia B Jarkova
Mental Health Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Kashirskoye Shosse 34, Moscow, Russia
Maturitas 42:71-5. 2002..Larger, long-term studies are required to evaluate a possible mood improvement effect of raloxifene...
- Low bone mineral density is associated with bone microdamage accumulation in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisJan J Stepan
Institute of Rheumatology, Charles University, Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Bone 41:378-85. 2007..04 for Cr.Dn and P=0.03 for Cr.S.Dn). We conclude that increased microdamage accumulation may occur in low BMD patients treated with alendronate...