C A Melfi
Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- The effects of adherence to antidepressant treatment guidelines on relapse and recurrence of depressionC A Melfi
Health Outcomes Evaluation Group, Eli Lilly and Co, Indianapolis, Ind 46285, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 55:1128-32. 1998..In this article, we test whether adherence to these recommendations reduces the likelihood of relapse or recurrence in a Medicaid population...
- Use of claims data for research on treatment and outcomes of depression careC A Melfi
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Med Care 37:AS77-80. 1999..Data sources such as medical insurance claims are increasingly used in outcomes research. In this report, we present opportunities and limitations associated with the use of such data for outcomes research in the area of depression...
- Racial variation in antidepressant treatment in a Medicaid populationC A Melfi
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Ind 46285, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:16-21. 2000..With this study, we examine racial differences in the antidepressant usage in a Medicaid population...
- Using databases for studying and comparing health care costs and resource useC A Melfi
Eli Lilly and Company, Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 10:399-402. 2001..Still, databases represent a rich opportunity to conduct research in health care costs and resource use, and much can be learned using databases...
- Effect of mental health specialty care on antidepressant length of therapyT W Croghan
Health Outcomes Evaluation Group, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Med Care 37:AS20-3. 1999..We sought to determine the costs and length of medication treatment consequences of providing mental health specialty care to antidepressant-treated individuals...
- Bootstrap analyses of cost effectiveness in antidepressant pharmacotherapyR L Obenchain
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 11:464-72. 1997..We hope that our discussion contributes to a dialogue, leading ultimately to a consensus on analysis of ICERs...
- Effect of antidepressant choice on the incidence and economic intensity of hospitalization among depressed individualsT W Croghan
Health Outcomes Evaluation Group, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 27:183-95. 2000..Patients initially prescribed fluoxetine were half as likely to be hospitalized as patients initially prescribed TCAs. Once hospitalized, no differential effects of a specific antidepressant on inpatient expenditures were found...