Matthew J Fell
Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- N-(4-((2-(trifluoromethyl)-3-hydroxy-4-(isobutyryl)phenoxy)methyl)benzyl)-1-methyl-1H-imidazole-4-carboxamide (THIIC), a novel metabotropic glutamate 2 potentiator with potential anxiolytic/antidepressant properties: in vivo profiling suggests a link betwMatthew J Fell
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, DC0510, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 336:165-77. 2011..In addition, we provide evidence that sleep EEG and CSF t-MeHA might function as viable biomarker approaches to facilitate the translational development of THIIC and other mGlu2 potentiators...
- Evidence for the role of metabotropic glutamate (mGlu)2 not mGlu3 receptors in the preclinical antipsychotic pharmacology of the mGlu2/3 receptor agonist (-)-(1R,4S,5S,6S)-4-amino-2-sulfonylbicyclo[3.1.0]hexane-4,6-dicarboxylic acid (LY404039)Matthew J Fell
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, DC0510, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:209-17. 2008....
- Activation of metabotropic glutamate (mGlu)2 receptors suppresses histamine release in limbic brain regions following acute ketamine challengeMatthew J Fell
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 58:632-9. 2010..Together, these novel observations reveal an effect of ketamine on histaminergic transmission in limbic brain areas and provide further insight into the possible antipsychotic mechanism of action of mGlu2/3 receptor agonists...
- In vitro and in vivo evidence for a lack of interaction with dopamine D2 receptors by the metabotropic glutamate 2/3 receptor agonists 1S,2S,5R,6S-2-aminobicyclo[3.1.0]hexane-2,6-bicaroxylate monohydrate (LY354740) and (-)-2-oxa-4-aminobicyclo[3.1.0] HexaMatthew J Fell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:1126-36. 2009..Instead, these results provide further evidence for a novel antipsychotic mechanism of action for mGluR(2/3) agonists...
- The distinct effects of subchronic antipsychotic drug treatment on macronutrient selection, body weight, adiposity, and metabolism in female ratsM J Fell
Bradford School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 194:221-31. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of atypical antipsychotic drugs on dietary macronutrient selection, body weight, body composition and biochemical parameters related to obesity in female rats...
- Investigation into the influence of a high fat diet on antipsychotic-induced weight gain in female ratsM J Fell
School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, UK
J Psychopharmacol 22:182-6. 2008..There were no effects of antipsychotic drugs on intra-abdominal fat deposition. Access to a diet high in fat attenuated weight gain induced by olanzapine and risperidone in female rats...
- Effects of the atypical antipsychotic olanzapine on reproductive function and weight gain in female ratsM J Fell
Bradford School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, UK
J Psychopharmacol 18:149-55. 2004....
- Group II metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists and positive allosteric modulators as novel treatments for schizophreniaMatthew J Fell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Discovery Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, DC0510, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 62:1473-83. 2012....
- Typical and atypical antipsychotic drugs increase extracellular histamine levels in the rat medial prefrontal cortex: contribution of histamine h(1) receptor blockadeMatthew J Fell
Psychiatric Disorders, Neuroscience Discovery Research, Eli Lilly and Company Indianapolis, IN, USA
Front Psychiatry 3:49. 2012..These results demonstrate that both typical and atypical antipsychotics increase mPFC histamine efflux and this effect may be mediated via antagonism of histamine H(1) receptors...
- Neurochemical and behavioral profiling of the selective GlyT1 inhibitors ALX5407 and LY2365109 indicate a preferential action in caudal vs. cortical brain areasKenneth W Perry
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 55:743-54. 2008..High levels of glycine in these brain areas may result in activation of strychnine-sensitive glycine A receptors that are inhibitory on both motor activity and critical brain stem functions such as respiration...
- Investigation into the effects of the novel antipsychotic ziprasidone on weight gain and reproductive function in female ratsM J Fell
Bradford School of Pharmacy, Bradford University, UK
Behav Brain Res 160:338-43. 2005..All ziprasidone treated animals displayed a normal four-day oestrous cycle. This study is the first to report that ziprasidone is without effect on reproductive function or ingestive behaviour in the rat...
- Effects of sub-chronic antipsychotic drug treatment on body weight and reproductive function in juvenile female ratsM J Fell
Bradford School of Pharmacy, The University of Bradford, Bradford, BD7 1DP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 182:499-507. 2005..We have recently shown substantial weight gain in adult female rats following treatment with olanzapine and risperidone but not ziprasidone...
- Effects of the classical antipsychotic haloperidol and atypical antipsychotic risperidone on weight gain, the oestrous cycle and uterine weight in female ratsM J Fell
Bradford School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, BD7 1DP, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:385-92. 2004..The findings presented here suggest that the weight gain and sexual dysfunction induced by antipsychotics may be modelled in rodents. This model may offer insight into the mechanisms involved in mediation of such side effects...