Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- The Schizophrenia Outpatient Health Outcomes (SOHO) study: 3-year results of antipsychotic treatment discontinuation and related clinical factors in SpainAntonio Ciudad
Clinical Research, Department of Research and Development, Lilly, S A Avda de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 23:1-7. 2008..This article presents the long-term results in terms of antipsychotic medication maintenance and factors influencing it in a representative sample of patients with schizophrenia recruited in the SOHO study within Spain...
- Residual symptoms and functioning in depression, does the type of residual symptom matter? A post-hoc analysisIrene Romera
Department of Clinical Research Lilly, S A Avenida de la Industria 30, 28108, Alcobendas, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 13:51. 2013..The degrees to which residual symptoms in major depressive disorder (MDD) adversely affect patient functioning is not known. This post-hoc analysis explored the association between different residual symptoms and patient functioning...
- Early response and remission as predictors of a good outcome of a major depressive episode at 12-month follow-up: a prospective, longitudinal, observational studyAntonio Ciudad
Medical Department, Lilly SA, Alcobendas, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 73:185-91. 2012....
- Relapse and therapeutic interventions in a 1-year observational cohort study of nonadherent outpatients with schizophreniaAntonio Ciudad
Department of Clinical Research and Development, Lilly, S A Avenida de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 36:245-50. 2012..To evaluate the incidence rate of relapse, the clinical profiles, and the therapeutic interventions employed for patients with schizophrenia deemed as likely nonadherers to oral antipsychotic drugs...
- Remission in schizophrenia: results from a 1-year follow-up observational studyAntonio Ciudad
Department of Research and Development, Lilly, S A Avenida de la Industria, 30 E 28108 Alcobendas, Spain
Schizophr Res 108:214-22. 2009....
- [Safety and tolerability of olanzapine versus risperidone: a one-year randomized study in outpatients with schizophrenia with prominent negative symptoms]A Ciudad
Departamento de Investigación Clínica, Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Research Laboratories, Av de la Industria 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:105-14. 2007..To evaluate the safety and tolerability of long-term treatment with olanzapine versus risperidone in schizophrenic outpatients with prominent negative symptoms...
- Improvement in social functioning in outpatients with schizophrenia with prominent negative symptoms treated with olanzapine or risperidone in a 1 year randomized, open-label trialAntonio Ciudad
Clinical Research Unit, Laboratorios Lilly, SA, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1515-22. 2006..GENERAL PURPOSE: To evaluate the social functioning of schizophrenic outpatients after switching to second-generation antipsychotics...
- Safety and effectiveness of olanzapine in monotherapy: a multivariate analysis of a naturalistic studyAntonio Ciudad
Lilly Research Laboratories, Avda de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 29:944-51. 2005..This study investigated safety and effectiveness of olanzapine in monotherapy compared with conventional antipsychotics in treatment of acute inpatients with schizophrenia...
- Safety and tolerability of olanzapine compared with other antipsychotics in the treatment of elderly patients with schizophrenia: a naturalistic studyAntonio Ciudad
Lilly Research Laboratories, 30 Avenida de la Industria, Alcobendas CP28108, Madrid, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 19:358-65. 2004..To evaluate the safety and tolerability of olanzapine in the treatment of elderly patients with schizophrenia...
- [The European schizophrenia outpatient health outcomes (SOHO) study: baseline findings of the Spanish sample]A Ciudad
Departamento de Investigación Clínica, Eli Lilly and Co, Alcobendas, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 32:227-35. 2004..To describe the baseline findings and study population of the Spanish sample of the Schizophrenia Outpatient Health Outcomes (SOHO) Study...
- Safety, effectiveness, and quality of life of olanzapine in first-episode schizophrenia: a naturalistic studyJose Manuel Montes
Centro de Salud Mental La Plata La Plata Mental Health Center, University of Alcala de Henares, Travesi a de la Cañada s n Torrejón de Ardoz, 28850, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:667-74. 2003..This study evaluated the effectiveness, safety, and quality of life (Qol) offered by olanzapine in first-episode schizophrenia...
- Safety, effectiveness, and patterns of use of olanzapine in acute schizophrenia: a multivariate analysis of a large naturalistic study in the hospital settingFernando Cañas
Psychiatry Unit, Hospital Psiquiatrico de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:481-6. 2005..Furthermore, we evaluated patterns of use of olanzapine and their relationship to safety and effectiveness...
- [Economic analyses of olanzapine in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder]T Dilla
Departamento de Investigación Clínica, Lilly S A, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 32:269-79. 2004..In the treatment of bipolar disorder, although few studies have estimated the economic impact of olanzapine, it has been observed a reduction of hospitalization costs associated to the treatment with olanzapine...
- Internet in clinical research based on a pilot experienceCarmen López-Carrero
Department of Medical Research, Lilly S A, Avda de la Industria 30 28108, Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Contemp Clin Trials 26:234-43. 2005..In short, EDC can dramatically improve the clinical trial process, opening the door to new technologies in the world of clinical research, not only for sponsors, but also for clinicians...
- Effect of olanzapine or risperidone treatment on some cognitive functions in a one-year follow-up of schizophrenia outpatients with prominent negative symptomsManuel Gurpegui
Department of Psychiatry and Institute of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Granada, Av Madrid 11, E 18071 Granada, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:725-34. 2007..To compare olanzapine and risperidone outcome on some neurocognitive dimensions in chronic schizophrenia patients with prominent negative symptoms...
- Symptomatic remission and social/vocational functioning in outpatients with schizophrenia: prevalence and associations in a cross-sectional studyLuis San
Hospital San Rafael, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 22:490-8. 2007..We aimed to know the prevalence and clinical features of patients with schizophrenia achieving these outcomes...
- Measuring schizophrenia remission in clinical practiceJordi Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Can J Psychiatry 53:202-6. 2008..To evaluate reliability and validity of the short forms (SF) assessment of positive (SAPS) and negative (SANS) symptoms scales...
- A randomized, 1-year follow-up study of olanzapine and risperidone in the treatment of negative symptoms in outpatients with schizophreniaEnrique Alvarez
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:238-49. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of olanzapine compared with risperidone in negative symptoms, after 1 year of treatment, in schizophrenic outpatients with prominent negative symptoms...
- Safety and effectiveness of olanzapine versus conventional antipsychotics in the acute treatment of first-episode schizophrenic inpatientsJulio Bobes
Facultad de Medicina, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidad de Oviedo, Metropolitan Area of Ovieda, Calle Julián Clavería 6, E 33006 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:473-81. 2003..To assess the safety and effectiveness of olanzapine compared to typical antipsychotics in the treatment of first-episode schizophrenics in acute psychiatric inpatient wards...
- Olanzapine for the treatment of chronic refractory schizophrenia: a 12-month follow-up naturalistic studyVíctor Rodríguez-Pérez
Centro Residencial y Rehabilitador San Rafael, C Castro Riberas de Lea, 27260 Lugo, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1055-62. 2002..Longitudinal statistical analyses were performed on the global changes in the scores of the scales by means of a repeated measures analysis of variance...