Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- The Schizophrenia Outpatient Health Outcomes (SOHO) study: 3-year results of antipsychotic treatment discontinuation and related clinical factors in SpainAntonio Ciudad
Clinical Research, Department of Research and Development, Lilly, S A Avda de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 23:1-7. 2008..This article presents the long-term results in terms of antipsychotic medication maintenance and factors influencing it in a representative sample of patients with schizophrenia recruited in the SOHO study within Spain...
- Treatment patterns and health care resource utilization in a 1-year observational cohort study of outpatients with schizophrenia at risk of nonadherence treated with long-acting injectable antipsychoticsMiguel Bernardo
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona IDIBAPS CIBERSAM, Barcelona
Patient Prefer Adherence 5:601-10. 2011....
- Residual symptoms and functioning in depression, does the type of residual symptom matter? A post-hoc analysisIrene Romera
Department of Clinical Research Lilly, S A Avenida de la Industria 30, 28108, Alcobendas, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 13:51. 2013..The degrees to which residual symptoms in major depressive disorder (MDD) adversely affect patient functioning is not known. This post-hoc analysis explored the association between different residual symptoms and patient functioning...
- Early response and remission as predictors of a good outcome of a major depressive episode at 12-month follow-up: a prospective, longitudinal, observational studyAntonio Ciudad
Medical Department, Lilly SA, Alcobendas, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 73:185-91. 2012....
- Relapse and therapeutic interventions in a 1-year observational cohort study of nonadherent outpatients with schizophreniaAntonio Ciudad
Department of Clinical Research and Development, Lilly, S A Avenida de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 36:245-50. 2012..To evaluate the incidence rate of relapse, the clinical profiles, and the therapeutic interventions employed for patients with schizophrenia deemed as likely nonadherers to oral antipsychotic drugs...
- Safety and effectiveness of olanzapine in monotherapy: a multivariate analysis of a naturalistic studyAntonio Ciudad
Lilly Research Laboratories, Avda de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 29:944-51. 2005..This study investigated safety and effectiveness of olanzapine in monotherapy compared with conventional antipsychotics in treatment of acute inpatients with schizophrenia...
- Improvement in social functioning in outpatients with schizophrenia with prominent negative symptoms treated with olanzapine or risperidone in a 1 year randomized, open-label trialAntonio Ciudad
Clinical Research Unit, Laboratorios Lilly, SA, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1515-22. 2006..GENERAL PURPOSE: To evaluate the social functioning of schizophrenic outpatients after switching to second-generation antipsychotics...
- Remission in schizophrenia: results from a 1-year follow-up observational studyAntonio Ciudad
Department of Research and Development, Lilly, S A Avenida de la Industria, 30 E 28108 Alcobendas, Spain
Schizophr Res 108:214-22. 2009....
- Safety and tolerability of olanzapine compared with other antipsychotics in the treatment of elderly patients with schizophrenia: a naturalistic studyAntonio Ciudad
Lilly Research Laboratories, 30 Avenida de la Industria, Alcobendas CP28108, Madrid, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 19:358-65. 2004..To evaluate the safety and tolerability of olanzapine in the treatment of elderly patients with schizophrenia...
- [The European schizophrenia outpatient health outcomes (SOHO) study: baseline findings of the Spanish sample]A Ciudad
Departamento de Investigación Clínica, Eli Lilly and Co, Alcobendas, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 32:227-35. 2004..To describe the baseline findings and study population of the Spanish sample of the Schizophrenia Outpatient Health Outcomes (SOHO) Study...
- [Safety and tolerability of olanzapine versus risperidone: a one-year randomized study in outpatients with schizophrenia with prominent negative symptoms]A Ciudad
Departamento de Investigación Clínica, Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Research Laboratories, Av de la Industria 30, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:105-14. 2007..To evaluate the safety and tolerability of long-term treatment with olanzapine versus risperidone in schizophrenic outpatients with prominent negative symptoms...
- [Remission and relapse in the outpatient treatment of patients with schizophrenia. Outcomes at 3 years]J M Haro
Fundacion San Juan de Dios, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 36:187-96. 2008..Three year data collected in the frame of the SOHO study within Spain were used to evaluate antipsychotic treatment outcomes by analyzing remission and relapse as well as the factors influencing them...
- Safety, effectiveness, and quality of life of olanzapine in first-episode schizophrenia: a naturalistic studyJose Manuel Montes
Centro de Salud Mental La Plata La Plata Mental Health Center, University of Alcala de Henares, Travesi a de la Cañada s n Torrejón de Ardoz, 28850, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:667-74. 2003..This study evaluated the effectiveness, safety, and quality of life (Qol) offered by olanzapine in first-episode schizophrenia...
- Safety, effectiveness, and patterns of use of olanzapine in acute schizophrenia: a multivariate analysis of a large naturalistic study in the hospital settingFernando Cañas
Psychiatry Unit, Hospital Psiquiatrico de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:481-6. 2005..Furthermore, we evaluated patterns of use of olanzapine and their relationship to safety and effectiveness...
- [Economic analyses of olanzapine in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder]T Dilla
Departamento de Investigación Clínica, Lilly S A, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 32:269-79. 2004..In the treatment of bipolar disorder, although few studies have estimated the economic impact of olanzapine, it has been observed a reduction of hospitalization costs associated to the treatment with olanzapine...
- Internet in clinical research based on a pilot experienceCarmen López-Carrero
Department of Medical Research, Lilly S A, Avda de la Industria 30 28108, Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Contemp Clin Trials 26:234-43. 2005..In short, EDC can dramatically improve the clinical trial process, opening the door to new technologies in the world of clinical research, not only for sponsors, but also for clinicians...
- [Development and validation of the Social Functioning Scale, short version, in schizophrenia for its use in the clinical practice]J Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Muncipal d Investigació Mèdica, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 36:102-10. 2008..Its length may be difficult to use in clinical practice. The objective of this study was to develop and validate a short version of the SFS...
- Measuring schizophrenia remission in clinical practiceJordi Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Can J Psychiatry 53:202-6. 2008..To evaluate reliability and validity of the short forms (SF) assessment of positive (SAPS) and negative (SANS) symptoms scales...
- Symptomatic remission and social/vocational functioning in outpatients with schizophrenia: prevalence and associations in a cross-sectional studyLuis San
Hospital San Rafael, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 22:490-8. 2007..We aimed to know the prevalence and clinical features of patients with schizophrenia achieving these outcomes...
- Effect of olanzapine or risperidone treatment on some cognitive functions in a one-year follow-up of schizophrenia outpatients with prominent negative symptomsManuel Gurpegui
Department of Psychiatry and Institute of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Granada, Av Madrid 11, E 18071 Granada, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:725-34. 2007..To compare olanzapine and risperidone outcome on some neurocognitive dimensions in chronic schizophrenia patients with prominent negative symptoms...
- A randomized, 1-year follow-up study of olanzapine and risperidone in the treatment of negative symptoms in outpatients with schizophreniaEnrique Alvarez
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:238-49. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of olanzapine compared with risperidone in negative symptoms, after 1 year of treatment, in schizophrenic outpatients with prominent negative symptoms...
- Safety and effectiveness of olanzapine versus conventional antipsychotics in the acute treatment of first-episode schizophrenic inpatientsJulio Bobes
Facultad de Medicina, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidad de Oviedo, Metropolitan Area of Ovieda, Calle Julián Clavería 6, E 33006 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:473-81. 2003..To assess the safety and effectiveness of olanzapine compared to typical antipsychotics in the treatment of first-episode schizophrenics in acute psychiatric inpatient wards...
- Olanzapine for the treatment of chronic refractory schizophrenia: a 12-month follow-up naturalistic studyVíctor Rodríguez-Pérez
Centro Residencial y Rehabilitador San Rafael, C Castro Riberas de Lea, 27260 Lugo, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1055-62. 2002..The aim of this study is to provide long-term data on the effectiveness and safety of olanzapine in a group of patients with severe refractory schizophrenia...