Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- Nizatidine for prevention of weight gain with olanzapine: a double-blind placebo-controlled trialPatrizia Cavazzoni
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, 1 Corporate Plaza, DC 6314, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 13:81-5. 2003..Nizatidine 300 mg b.i.d. may have an early transient effect in limiting the weight gain, but this potential early effect appeared to be diminished or eliminated by 16 weeks...
- Cross-sectional comparison of fasting lipids in normoglycemic patients with schizophrenia during chronic treatment with olanzapine, risperidone, or typical antipsychoticsThomas A Hardy
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:405-8. 2006..Although interpretation of this study is limited by the cross-sectional study design, it provides additional insight concerning the relationship between antipsychotic use and plasma lipid parameters in this population...
- Evaluation of insulin sensitivity in healthy volunteers treated with olanzapine, risperidone, or placebo: a prospective, randomized study using the two-step hyperinsulinemic, euglycemic clampMargaret Sowell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5875-80. 2003..In summary, this study did not demonstrate significant changes in insulin sensitivity in healthy subjects after 3 wk of treatment with olanzapine or risperidone...
- Olanzapine versus ziprasidone: results of a 28-week double-blind study in patients with schizophreniaAlan Breier
Lilly Research Laboratories, DC 2128, 1 Corporate Plaza, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1879-87. 2005..The efficacy and safety of olanzapine were compared with those of ziprasidone...
- Retrospective analysis of risk factors in patients with treatment-emergent diabetes during clinical trials of antipsychotic medicationsPatrizia Cavazzoni
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 47:S94-101. 2004..In this retrospective analysis, we assessed the short-term risk of treatment-emergent diabetes (TED) among patients with schizophrenia during clinical trials of antipsychotic medications...
- Diabetes mellitus and antipsychotic treatment in the United KingdomChristopher Carlson
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:366-75. 2006..CONCLUSION: Consistent with other epidemiology studies, this study supports an increased risk of developing diabetes during treatment with antipsychotics...
- A double-blind, randomized trial to evaluate the pharmacokinetics and tolerability of 30 or 40 mg/d oral olanzapine relative to 20 mg/d oral olanzapine in stable psychiatric subjectsMalcolm Mitchell
Lilly Research Centre, Eli Lilly and Co Ltd, Windlesham, Surrey, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 28:881-92. 2006..Prescription monitoring in the United States suggests that oral olanzapine is prescribed in doses that exceed the approved range of 5 to 20 mg/d...
- Hyperglycemic clamp assessment of insulin secretory responses in normal subjects treated with olanzapine, risperidone, or placeboMargaret O Sowell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co, Corporate Center, Drop Code 1758, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2918-23. 2002..The results of this study do not support the hypothesis that olanzapine or risperidone directly impair pancreatic beta-cell function...
- A retrospective cohort study of diabetes mellitus and antipsychotic treatment in the United StatesJohn B Buse
Diabetes Care Center and Division of General Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 5039 Old Clinic Building, CB 7110, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7110, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 56:164-70. 2003..An increased risk of developing diabetes compared with the AdvancePCS general patient population was observed during treatment with conventional or atypical antipsychotics...
- A prospective study of the offspring of bipolar parents responsive and nonresponsive to lithium treatmentAnne Duffy
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 63:1171-8. 2002..Among the offspring of lithium-responsive bipolar parents, an early-onset subgroup with a classical episodic clinical course can be identified...
- Is response to prophylactic lithium a familial trait?Paul Grof
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 63:942-7. 2002..However, this recommendation has not been adequately substantiated in the literature. We tested the hypothesis that response to long-term lithium treatment is a familial trait...